Leaving The Past

Nala

I lead Prince Nuka up Pride Rock so he can feed on the winning zebra me, Sarabi, Athena, and my mother had caught together. It was only for us but since Nuka is hungry I thought to share our lunch with him.

Scar or Zira might be furious if they find out that we didn't offer to share our food with the young Prince and call us selfish. They can't be mad at us though. It's not our job to feed someone else's cub. Again, I'm just being nice.

"Oh, uh, hello little Prince." Sarabi welcomes.

Mother shot me a confuse look after she watch Nuka run up to the zebra carcass and dig in.

"Who told that hair ball he can eat our food?" She asks me in a whisper.

"Um, I thought it would be nice. I couldn't possibly tell him no mother. What if he runs to his parents and tell them that we wouldn't share?" I said.

Sarabi nods. "She's right, Sarafina. What a ugly argument that'll turn out to be."

"Scar and Zira need to be more responsible with their cub. If Nuka is hungry, Zira should go hunt for him then. Not us! That is her son Sarabi. Yes, I am his aunt...but still." Said Athena.

Athena is right.

I nod my head. I sit and watch Nuka continue eating with his cousins Rilan and Kimbella as they fill up their small bellies. I wasn't hungry right now. So this time i let the cubs have the meal. I'll eat when it's dinner time. They need to eat more than the adults and teens here.

Prey is becoming hard to find these days. A few herds left to locate greener grass and clear clean water. The Pride Lands doesn't have much more of that anymore.

If only Mufasa was still here with us...
He'll know what to do...

"I'm going to go take a walk." I say, standing back up.

Mother nod. "Okay sweetie, be careful. You know Scar's hyenas are every where. Watch your surroundings!"

"I will."

With that I left going down Pride Rock entering the once tall green grass that is now dry and disappearing. You would of never thought a gorgeous land like the Pride Lands would  go down like this. Everything is fading away.

Scar is so focused on the royal crown that he isn't paying attention to what's going on in the Pride Lands. Sarabi long ago said she was going to have a talk with Scar about the kingdom. She never spoke up. I guess she's afraid of him. He hates it when lions tell him what to do.

But if Sarabi doesn't say anything soon, I'll have to speak to Scar on my own. I don't care. I mean someone has to knock some sense inside that large head of his or the Pride Lands will be in more danger!

"Nala!"

I pause my walking and look over my left shoulder seeing one of childhood friends "Malka" run forward.

I roll my eyes. Ugh, what does he want now?

"Hello again, Malka." I greet nicely, trying not to be so rude.

Malka has grown a lot taller and muscular in body. His once small black hair tuft that he had when he was a cub is now very large covering most of his head. Added in is another color which is some kind of brown or tan. On his chin a small black beard is growing slowly making him handsome.

He smiles while walking up to my right side. "Where ya headed beautiful?"

"No where. Just taking a lonesome walk that's all. I thought you was with Tojo and Chumvi?"

"I was, but then I left and got bored so I came back to Pride Rock."

"Oh. Tama was looking for you too earlier by the way." I say.

Malka raise a brow. "Why?"

"She wants to talk."

"About?"

"I don't know, it's private. How about you go find her and see."

Malka nod his head and turn around going back to Pride Rock. "Okay."

Once Malka was fully gone and out of sight, I sigh with relief. "That was easy."

Tama didn't want to talk to Malka. I lied straight to his face. Malka likes to talk for HOURS. I didn't feel like listening to him right now. I need to be alone and empty out some old thoughts. Thoughts like my old best friend Simba. I wonder how things would be if he was still alive. We'd probably be some where bullying Zazu or getting on Scar's nerves like we did when we were younger.

Haha, good memories...

It's time I grow strong now and leave everything behind me in the past. I can't hold on.

I can't...

I close my eyes as tears roll down my light furry cheeks.

I have to do what's right...