Solo Parent

*Sarafina's POV*

"Makaio!"

I've been searching two whole days now for Makaio. He hasn't come back home. Did something go wrong? Is he okay?? Why would he leave??? Did I do anything wrong???? Loads of questions fill my mind causing me to feel dizzy. I fall on my side, cautious of my pregnant belly. I begin to silently cry.

The cub kicks my belly repeatedly. It's either hungry or probably wondering why I'm upset. I've been so worked up trying to find Makaio, that I haven't fed myself or our unborn child.

"Okay baby, I'll go hunt."

I got back up on my paws. Gazelles and zebras are around. Too bad I can't run. I can't put my unborn child in danger. It's the last remembrance of Makaio that I'll keep and protect forever.

I need something small and easy to catch. Straight ahead I see a family of hares. They're playing, chasing one another around with laughter. I feel bad that I'm about to attack. But I have no choice. I won't starve me or the baby.

I lower myself down growling. Each step I make is with complete silent. Not a sound to be heard. Once I got close enough, I pounce in the air with a loud roar. I startle the little hares.

Three manage to get away running back inside their burrow. One I caught by the scruff of its back. I scoop it in my mouth. Success!

I carry it off to me and Makaio's den. As I ate my small prize, I began to think this won't last me for the rest of the day. I'm going to need something bigger. But who would catch it for me? Makaio did most of the hunting. Now I'm on my own.

How will I survive?

My cub or cubs will only have one parent in he or she's life to depend on.

Will I be able to keep eating small prey?

Will I fail as a mother?

Just so many questions! I can't live alone like this. There's only one place to go to.

The Pride Lands.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AUTHOR'S NOTE: Sorry for the short chapter guys, I've been getting lazy with the story lately. That is not good XD lol. But awwww poor Sarafina ): She could stay at my place? Haha. But thank you all  for getting me to a 1,000 reads!!!!!! Like WOW! I honestly didn't know the book would go that far lol. Amazing :D In return, the next chapter is going to be TWICE as long ^___^.

Best readers EVER!!!!!!

Xoxo,

Skyy15 <3