Dark Minds

Zira

"I'm starting to regret pregnancy now."

Athena, Sarabi, and I are laying around by the waterhole. The two laughed.

"Oh Zira, pregnancy is one of the best blessings a lioness could ever wish for." Said Sarabi.

"That's because you have always loved cubs Sarabi. I wasn't much a fan. I'm not sure if I'm ready to become a mother either. Scar is really excited. In the beginning when I had first found out I was too. But now I regret it. These headaches and food cravings are driving me bananas. Plus my furry ankles are always swollen! I can't never walk long distances." I say.

Athena put her paw on top of my own. She smiles, "Don't worry Zira, your not the only one here pregnant too you know. After you give birth you'll see that it's really worth it. Imagine your cute little daughter or son running around asking to play. You giving it clean baths and warm hugs. Motherhood is going to be challenging yet amazing. At least you and Sarabi have husbands to help..."

Oh yeah, I forgot Athena once had a mate. It was only for a short time though. She claim he was killed by humans. So sad... I can't imagine losing Scar like that and left alone with our cub to raise. That would be hard I think.

Sarabi rub her nose against Athena's cheek. "It's alright, you have us and the pride to help. We can take turns and Simba can keep the cub or cubs well entertained."

Athena put her arm over Sarabi hugging her, "Thank you."

"I'm hoping my unborn niece or nephew will change Scar back to what he use to be." Athena adds, looking at me.

I raise a brow, "What do you mean?"

"Change him back to fun, happy, and loving. The brother I've grown up with and use to wrestle. Now he's dark and never around the pride. Scar is either found in his den or with you. Never did he ask how is my pregnancy going or do I need anything. I get that you're his wife Zira, but I feel that it's wrong. He should check up on me too sometimes! I thought Scar would be happy to become an uncle again when I first told him and Mufasa both the news. Scar just stood there with no words."

"I understand where you're coming from Athena, but you also have to realize that Scar is still currently going through a lot. We all know his upsetting past when he was an teenager, his father hitting his eye which is the reasoning why he had left the Pride Lands. He only came back because of his mother's funeral which hit him harder than ever and stayed because of me. He wanted a new future, a wife and cubs. So I gave it to him."

Sarabi shook her head. "That is not true Zira. Scar stayed because of Rafiki. Rafiki the wise baboon had gave him advice on how to overcome his past and to apologize to Ahadi on his bad behavior. Scar came back to Pride Rock to make up his mistakes and be with his pride."

I seriously do not want to argue with Sarabi right now. I'm confused though. Scar had told me something completely different. He said that he did come back to Pride Rock for Uru's funeral but to also get revenge on Mufasa and his father. Ahadi had died already from old age so he couldn't do anything. But for Mufasa, there's still hope. Sarabi nor Athena knows about my husband's evil plan.

I kept my mouth shut and got up walking away.

"Zira, where are you going?" I hear Athena ask.

"Somewhere obviously." I reply back with attitude.

"Well then, excuse us for asking." Sarabi snap back.

I snort rolling my eyes and continue walking. I don't have time for this. I have an unborn cub inside my belly who won't stop kicking and needs to eat right now.

I stop and look around sniffing the air. Hmmm what can i hunt that's easy and not far considering walking?

"Zira what are you doing out of den?" A male voice behind me asks.

I turn around and see Scar coming forward. In his mouth he's carrying antelope meat. My eyes widen with excitement.

"Hubby your back and with food! I left the den because I was bored. So I went to the waterhole hanging with the girls. You won't believe what Sarabi told me!" I say.

Scar sat the meat down in front of me. "What did she say?"

I sat down and began eating. Such goodness! Now our cub can feed.

"We were talking about pregnancy, parenthood, mates, and all that other stuff. Somehow your sister brought up your name."

"Athena?"

I nod licking the blood off my lips. "Yes. She feel like you don't care about your future niece or nephew and not appreciating you being an uncle again. She said Mufasa is the only one that seems proud of it."

Scar roll his green eyes, "What else?"

"I told her that's not true that you're still currently going through a tough time since you know, your past and all. Plus your mother being dead. Now you have a new future with me in it, your wife and unborn cub or cubs. It seems like Athena doesn't see that. She also said that she misses the old Scar when you both were Cubs."

"I'll never go back to Taka...I told her and Mufasa both a million times. Why can't they accept that? And Zira your all that matters to me right now."

I finish chewing the meat in my mouth and raise my head up. My red eyes met Scar's green ones.

I smile, "Really?"

Scar came closer and lick my nose. "Yes my love. You and our heir is so important to me. All I need is Mufasa out the picture and we can start our paradise as King and Queen."

"What about Simba? Wouldn't he still be a threat?? I told you that Grave Yard plan wouldn't work. You never listen what I tell you, that be the problem. Hyenas always mess up."

"Well, do you have a better plan?"

"In fact, yes!"

Scar leans forward, "Tell me."

"Okay, you know how every afternoon you take Simba out to hunt training? Tomorrow you fake like your taking him hunting but your actually walking him to the gorge. If Simba asks why, tell him you have a surprise for him and Mufasa." I said.

"What's the surprise?"

"Stampede. Have your three idiot hyena friends to do it. They can't mess that one up!"

Scar smiled wide. "I like it! Then I'll leave Simba in the gorge before the stampede and get Mufasa alone pretending that I didn't know Simba is in trouble."

"Mufasa comes and tries to save the day but fails. Him and Simba die, then you Scar rise as the new King."

The two of us laugh evilly liking the new plan.

"I love our dark minds. We make a great team." I say, nuzzling my face in his black mane.

"Yes we do my love. A new era will start tomorrow. I know we have a good bright future ahead of us. The Pride Lands will see why they should of chose me as King." Scar says, sticking out his chest.

He look up at the sky and roar with confidential power. I close my eyes and join him roaring too.

Tomorrow a new circle of life will begin...