Friends

*Sarafina's POV*

I was halfway up the short cliff until I heard someone yell "Ouch!". It sound like Sarabi. I got worried. What if she's badly hurt? I have to run back and see if Sarabi is at least okay.

"Don't worry best friend, I'm coming!"

I sniff the air catching Sarabi's scent. I follow it to a giant elephant skull. Where is she though?

"Sarabi?" I called.

No response. Just my voice echoing throughout the grave yard. Her scent is strong. She has to be in this area! I was about to go look around some more until I heard something move.

"Sarabi?" I call again. "If it's you come on, this isn't funny."

"Hehehehe!" A voice laughed.

I know that familiar sound. A hyena is close by. What if it hurt or killed Sarabi? I have to get out of here fast. Just as I was about to make a run for it, something stomp on my tail. I fall on my belly. My eyes water as I squeeze them tight.

"Please, leave me alone!" I cried.

The hyena is a male. A young adult male that is. He sat down still holding my small tail.

"This is no place for a lion cub. What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I-I was just l-looking for m-my friend." I sobbed.

"There's another?"

"I hope you didn't eat her!"

The hyena got confused and release me from its paw. He stuck out his tongue, "Me eating a lion cub? Ewwww!"

I got up and lift a brow. "Wait a minute, you don't eat lion cubs?"

"Nope. No offense but, you guys taste gross! Never again will I eat one. Bad experience."

This hyena just told me he doesn't prey on lion cubs. I am happy to hear that, but it all sound so strange. What a weird hyena...

I smiled, "Wow. Your the first hyena I met that doesn't eat Cubs."

The hyena smiled back. "Just keep this a secret between me and you kid. Okay?"

"Your secret is safe with me Mr. Hyena! Can you please help me find my best friend Sarabi? Me and her split up. I was on my way home until I heard her yell ouch. I want to find her and see is if she's alright!"

"Sure. What does she look like?"

"Um, my height but with taller legs. As you can tell mines are short. She has a cream muzzle, underbelly, and toes, yellow eyes with red pupils, black eyelashes, brown eyebrows, salmon nose, both brown ear linings and mane on her tail."

The hyena nod and went off to search. I ran following behind. Can't believe I'm alive with a hyena!
----------------------------------------------
*Zira's POV*

At the Sun Pride...

"Hey, can I play?" I ask smiling.

I walk up to a group of Cubs from my pride. Two are girls and three are boys. They looked at me as if I'm crazy.

"No you can't play with us!" Frowned one of the boys.

"Yeah, you play too rough Zira!" Nod one of the girls.

"Last time you played with us, you broke a nail from my left paw." Said the second girl cub.

"So no." Said third girl cub.

"Come on guys, let's go some where far from Zira." Said the second boy cub.

I look down. They all ran off laughing. No one never wants to play with me. I'm always alone! My mommy tries to help me make friends in the pride, but all Cubs do is run away or scream with fright. I can't help it that I play rough. It's what I naturally do. Fighting is fun to me.