Jungle Trouble

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hello awesome readers! Sorry for this slow update. So glad that my school winter break starts next Friday, which means...MORE FASTER STORY UPDATES YAY :D lol. That's all of the news to share with you guys. Oh, the picture above is Simba obviously as a teenager. Who ever drew this I give them MAJOR credit. He looks so handsome in that pose ^,^. Someone commented on one of the chapters asking about Simba's POV, so here it is! (:

You may now read and enjoy Chapter 72!

Xoxo,
Skyy15<3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Simba

"That's it Simba, push more harder. You can do it!"

I took both of my front paws and push over a heavy brown log. Millions of colorful insects crawl out. Some escape fast with their wings.

"Good looking out, Timon!" Smiled the red warthog.

The little meerkat pat my side. "If it wasn't for Simba's strong strength breakfast wouldn't of been served. Thanks Simba, let's all dig in!"

I chuckle and join the feast. "No problem guys!"

Timon is the name of the meerkat and Pumba is the red warthog. As crazy as it sounds, they're my best friends. They rescued me when I was a cub. I was found in a hot, sandy, cracked desert alone. My body was surrounded by vultures. They were picking at my almost lifeless body.

Timon and Pumba were playing a game scaring the vultures. They found me there with surprise. At first, Timon didn't like the idea of raising a lion. After Pumba talked it out of him, Timon finally decide to keep me.

Growing up with them was very fun even though I did get into a lot of trouble. I learned how to eat bugs instead of bloody meat and the meaning of Hakuna Matata. It means No Worries. Living in a big jungle isn't so bad.

Now I've left playful cub hood to a somewhat mature teenager. I taught myself how to hunt and fight. If there's any danger I'll be able to protect Timon, Pumba, and myself. I wouldn't dare let anyone hurt them. I owe both of them my life and word. If it wasn't for Timon and Pumba, I wouldn't be sitting here as we speak.

"Man, I'm stuffed!" Said Pumba, laying on his back.

Timon sat down rubbing his small belly. "Me too pal! I could use a quick nap right now to help digest."

I stand up and walk away. "You guys go ahead I'll be back. I'm going to the waterfall for a drink and maybe walk around."

Timon nods. "Okay, be careful! This place is full of tangled vines, loose thorns, and venomous snakes."

"Yeah, what Timon said!" Says Pumba.

I roll my eyes at them then grin, "I'll be fine guys. Nothing gets in my way here. Come on, I'm Simba!"

The two didn't say a word after. I continue my walk to the gorgeous waterfall where the cool river is. They know I'm never scared of anything. I laugh at the face of danger!

I arrive at the cool river lapping up the water with my pink rough tongue. So tasty and fresh! Once done I turn around and decide to take a peaceful nice walk through the jungle.

The unique sounds you can hear are the birds and monkeys communicating back and forth. The leaves rustling in the trees by the wind. Insects like cicadas buzzing very loud under the sun. There's never a time the jungle is quiet. Even nighttime it's loud. Crickets and frogs rule the dark.

"Can someone help? I'm stuck!" A voice call.

I pause my walking. My ears move like a radar muting the background noise.

"Please, if there's someone close around can you help me?" The voice calls again.

Female.

The voice is soft. I automatically figure it is a female who's in trouble and desperate for help. I follow her voice through the many trees and bushes.

"Hello?" I call, scanning my eyes around.

"Over here!"

The voice is very close now. I turn my head to the left and took some more steps forward. Ahead I spot a lioness hanging upside down from a large tree. Her left back leg is wrap tight by a green vine. Wait...lioness? So I'm not the only lion here?!

The color of her fur is mocha. She looks the same exact age as me. Her eyes are olive green and nose is the color of chestnut. On the top of her head she has a small hair tuft of fur. Pretty...

"This is so embarrassing..." I heard her whisper.

I smile waving my paw. "Um, hi there! You look like you could you some extra paws to get you down from there, correct?"

"Yes! Please? That would be kind of you."

"No problem. Let's see here..."

I walk up examining her leg and the vine.

"Ah! I know just what to do. I do this all the time with my buddy Timon!"

I stand up only on my back paws so I can see the lioness leg better. Gently with my sharp canine teeth, I tear the thick vine off. The lioness falls down on her belly. I didn't tend for her to fall like that.

I chuckle. "Oops, sorry!"

She stands slowly up on her four paws and shake her head from any dirt. I watch her turn around facing me with a friendly smile.

"Thank you. I thought I would never get down." She said.

I nod. "Your welcome. How did you get stuck up there anyway?"

"I was chasing after a monkey. The monkey had stolen one of my delicious sweet fruits. I didn't see the vine below so it got a hold of my left leg and I went upside down in air. I was like that all morning!"

"Wow. Luckily I was around!"

She nod chuckling. "Yeah. So embarrassing though...I didn't want anyone to see me like that."

I sat down smiling. "It's okay. Like I said before, my buddy Timon always get caught in them when we go bug hunting."

"Bug hunting? You guys eat bugs?! Ewwww!!"

I laugh. "What? They're good! I can't see how you eat fruit. Your a meat eating lion!"

"Fruit was the only food source I found on my own when i was a cub." She said, while moving her tail side to side. "Bugs I will NEVER eat."

"I can't believe I'm talking to another lion. I thought I was the only one here! My name is Simba."

"Really? Well Simba, you must not had taken a tour around the whole jungle then. There's other lion prides! My name is Dalila."

"Cool!"

She smiled. "I can introduce my pride to you now if you want?"

I nod excitedly, "Okay! I don't have any else better to do. Lead the way, Dalila."

Dalila walk in front me. I follow her up a narrow path taking us a bit far from where Timon, Pumba, and I live. Everything is a bit less greener. Bananas, mangos, and other fruits are hanging in the trees. Interesting...

So glad I'm not the only lion here and made a new friend.