Marriage

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Okay, so I've decided to post up what MY CHARACTERS look like so you guys can get an idea of them :D

Left side, going down: Jengo, Zaina, and Taavi as cubs.

Right side, going down: Kaisa and Athena as cubs.

THESE ARE MY CHARACTERS, DO NOT STEAL. BASES GOES TO THE RESPECTFUL OWNERS ON DEVIANT ART. I COLORED THEM.

If you want my deviant art username, PM or Comment below! (:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Athena's POV*

I sat down next to Sarafina. Mother, father, and Mufasa are standing at the edge of Pride Rock with Rafiki.

"There she is!" Said one of the pride lionesses.

Everyone turn their heads. Sarabi is walking up the rocky steps to the top of Pride Rock. She has a white flower place behind her left ear.

I smiled. The thought of my best friend about to marry my brother makes me so happy. In a few minutes we're going to be "in-laws".

Mufasa rub his nose against her cheek. He stop and step backwards letting Rafiki stand between them.

"Dear children, you have come today to pledge your love before the Great Kings and before the present today in the person of the priest, your families and friends.
In becoming mates, you give yourselves to each other for life. You promise to be true and faithful, to support and cherish each other until death, so that your years together will be the living out in love of the pledge you now make. May your love for each other reflect the enduring love. As you face the future together, keep in mind that the sacrament of marriage unites you and brings you, through the years, the grace and blessing.
Put your trust in the Great Kings as you set out together in life. Make your home a centre of family life."

Rafiki end his last sentence with a nod at Mufasa.

"Sarabi, do you consent to be my wife?"

"I do."

Rafiki nod at Sarabi.

"Mufasa, do you consent to be my husband?"

"I do."

Mufasa and Sarabi stare inside each other's eyes. Tears of joy start to stream down Sarabi's cheeks as they both spoke the next sentence together.

"We take each other as mates and promise to love each other truly for better, for worse,
for richer, for poorer,
in sickness and in health,
till death do us part."

Rafiki smiled shaking his stick over the couple's heads. "May the Great Kings confirm the consent that you have given, and enrich you with their blessings. I announce you both husband and wife, the future King and Queen of the Pride Lands!"

Mufasa lick Sarabi's muzzle. Sarabi rub her forehead against his with affection. The animals cheer while the lions roar accepting the sweet marriage.

Sarafina and I walked up.

"Congrats, you two!" Sarafina smiled.

Sarabi gave Sarafina a hug. Mufasa thanked Sarafina then met his eyes with my red ones. We step up to each other and bump foreheads.

"My brother is a married lion now."

Mufasa sighed. "If only Taka was here to see."

I nod. I didn't want to look sad in front of everyone so I forced in a smile. "I know."

After the wedding celebration, Sarabi said goodbye to her parents and Sarafina since she's no longer returning back to her pride. She's now living at Pride Rock. I get to see her every day now!

"I can't believe we're sister in laws now. A day ago we were only friends!" I laughed.

Sarabi and I are taking a walk down to the water hole.

Sarabi playfully bump her side against mines. "You were already considered my sister, Athena. I never view you just a friend."

"Oh Sarabi!"

We nuzzle each other in a sisterly kind of way. After drinking from the cool water hole, we chatted on the way back home.

"I bet Sarafina is going to miss me." Sarabi said, looking down.

"Yeah. But don't worry, you both can always visit each other!"

"You're right!"

I chuckle. Sarabi gave me a smile. When we arrive back at Pride Rock, everyone is eating. The hunting party brought home buffalo. It must be Sarabi's favorite meal because she ran straight towards the kill leaving me behind.

I shook my head laughing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Sarafina's POV*

"I'm going to miss her so much, Makaio."

I cry on Makaio's shoulder. He put his large paw on my back rubbing it in circles.

"I'm sure Sarabi is going to miss you too. Don't worry, Sarafina. You guys can always visit right?"

I nod sniffing. "Yeah. I'm always welcomed there."

"Good. Plus, I'm here too you know."

Makaio smirk pushing me over gently. I giggle and pin him.

"I know."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Zira's POV*

"Did you hear the news, Zira?" Asked my step sister, Saada.

I'm laying on a warm rock. My eyes are closed. I was sleeping until I heard a cheery loud voice. It sound like Saada's. My eyes open and of course in front of me sitting is Saada. She always interrupt my afternoon naps!

I yawn. "What news, Saada?"

"The King and Queen of the Pride land's son got married today's morning!"

"To who?"

Saada put a paw on her chin. "I think her name is Sarabi."

My eyes widen. "Sarabi?!"

"Yeah. You know her or something?"

"She was my cub hood friend..."

Saada nod.

I lay my head down over my paws. "I feel so awful. I didn't attend my two friends wedding!"

"It's okay Zira, you didn't know."

"Actually, I did Saada. The King Ahadi's majordomo Zuzu gave me an invitation. I totally forgot it was today!"

Saada pat my head. "Again, it's not your fault. If you want, go to the Pride Lands later or tomorrow. I'm sure Prince Mufasa and miss Sarabi will understand."

I smile. "Okay. Thank you, Saada!"

Saada smiled back. "Anything for my big sister!"

We nuzzle each other. Saada turned around and went to go join the rest of the pride. She's right, I should stop by in the Pride Lands and give Sarabi my congratulations. It's never too late to do so.