Angry Spirits

Zira

Five days later...

Today is my little Nuka's presentation. The whole kingdom will get to see their future King. Im laying down inside the cave with Nuka resting close by my side. Shenzi, Banza, and Ed are guarding the outside of the cave. Scar told them so. Their job is to watch over Nuka and I while Scar is away. If they fail to do so, then off with their heads.

"Where is she?" I hear a voice from outside ask.

"In here." Banza answered.

An old baboon walks inside the cave with a stick in his hand. I'm assuming this is Rafiki. The one Scar often talks to me about.

Before speaking, he bows. "Good morning your highness. My name is Rafiki. I am here to begin your son's ceremony."

I smile nodding. "Hello. He's all yours to take. I just fed him too by the way!"

Rafiki sat down his stick and walk up close to pick up Nuka.

Mew mew mew mew!!

"Someone's a chatter box..." Said Rafiki, rocking Nuka.

I chuckle.

I watch Rafiki then spread some orange paste across Nuka's forehead and sprinkle some dust. I guess it's some kind of tradition they do here to the Royals.

"Okay, now we can officially start." He said. "Where is your husband?"

"Here." Answered a voice.

Scar enter the cave. He head buds me then nod at Rafiki. "The whole kingdom is ready. Let's go, shall we?"

Rafiki carried Nuka outside with Scar and I following close behind him. We walked up to the very top of Pride Rock. I look down seeing all of the animals. Majority of them are frowning. I try to ignore it and smile while turning my direction to Scar who has an very determine look on his face.

Rafiki raises Nuka in the air for all to see. No cheers were made. But the animals still bowed to show some respect. Imbeciles...

The sky made a loud rumble. Strong winds came through and lightening cracked. What is going on?

"It's the Great Kings. They are angry and don't like the decision..." I hear Rafiki say.

I frown. "Who are they to judge?"

Scar rush to the cave. "In the cave, now!"

Rafiki, me, and the pride race inside the cave for cover. The other animals went some place else to find safe shelter. This is going to be a long terrible storm.
----------------------------------------------------
Athena

The whole pride ran straight inside the cave. The ceremony ended short because of the terrible storm that is about to happen. I heard Rafiki say it was the Great Kings sending angry signs to Scar and Zira. He said they made a bad choice.

"Mommy, I'm scared!" Nala told Sarafina.

Sarafina held her close. "It's alright, sweetie. We're all here together warm and safe."

Sarabi laid down. "We may be in here for a while. Who knows..."

My two cubs Rilan and Kimbella start to cry because of the loud thunder that shook the cave. I lick them both repeatedly. They calm down and went right back to sleep.

This might turn out to be a long day...