Hunting Lessons

*Jengo's POV*

Sky Leaf Pride, Next Day, Early Morning...

I race out the den with my best friend Taavi behind me. Today is our first day hunting. We get to try and learn it from the pride's master. His name is "Haku". He doesn't hunt for the pride though. But he helps train the lionesses and a very few males. It's really the lionesses who does all the hunting. My grandfather King James forced me to learn. I didn't want to try alone, so I brought Taavi with me.

"Im so excited about hunting today! Aren't you Jengo?" Said Taavi, full of energy.

We're walking to the wide open field.

I nod. "Yeah."

The wind start to blow. My over grown brown hair tuft covered my hazel eyes. I couldn't see anything and bump into someone.

"Oops, sorry Taavi!"

Taavi laughed. "That's not me. I'm over here dude next to you!"

Then who did I bump? I took my paw moving my hair tuft from off of my eyes. In front of me stood Zaina. Man, she grew up beautiful! We're all teens now if you didn't know.

"Hey, Jengo!" She smiled.

I smile back shyly and stuttered. "H-Hey, Z-Zaina."

Another teen lioness approach the scene and stood close beside Zaina. She has a furry hair tuft (Author's Note: Think of Vitani's hair tuft or Tama's. Her hair is like that! :D). It covers half of her golden color eyes. I heard Taavi gulp loudly next to me. I smirk and chuckled. Someone is crushing bad!

"So, what are you two doing here?" Asked Zaina.

"We're here to hunt with Master Haku. What about you girls?" I reply.

"The same."

The hair tuft lioness giggled. "I didn't know we need male lions to hunt for the pride too."

I fake laughed. "No, my grandfather King James forced me. I'm not joining the hunting party don't worry."

Taavi nodded. "Yeah, that's a girl's job. You hunt for us!"

The lioness step up to Taavi, bumping her light pink nose on his black one. "Correction, we're not maids."

I stood quickly between them, breaking things up. "No need to argue you guys."

Taavi chuckle stepping back. "Hey, I didn't do anything. She got all defensive on me!"

The lioness rolled her eyes. A big, tall, muscular male lion came up to us. It's Haku.

"Good morning everyone! I see your all up and ready to start your hunt training." He greet.

Zaina nodded. "Yes, sir!"

"Very well, let's begin shall we?"

"Yes, we shall!" Said the lioness, looking at Taavi with a small frown. She then walked off following behind Zaina.

Taavi ignored her. We walk behind them. Haku led us to a herd of Gazelles. They're all busy eating on the soft green grass.

"I will teach you all one by one. Who wants to go first?" Haku asked, sitting.

Zaina raise up her paw first. "Me!"

"Ah yes, Zaina. I heard so much about you from your mother yesterday. She said you have excellent skills! Do you mind showing me some?"

"Sure!"

Me, Taavi, and the lioness with the furry hair tuft, sat down watching Zaina hunt.
----------------------------------------------
*Zaina's POV*