Traitor

*Amaya's POV*

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Remember, Amaya is Jengo's mother and Uru's sister ( In my theory/book)!

I exit out the den with a few lionesses behind me. Jengo is no where to be found. He must be on morning patrol already. I join the lionesses in the grass and laid down enjoying the morning sun.

Some lionesses are hunting breakfast while the rest stayed home either watching their Cubs or gossiping with one another.

"Good morning, miss Amaya." Greeted Zaina.

Zaina is one of Jengo's childhood best friends. I have always like her. She's sweet, friendly, funny, and very intelligent.

"Good morning, Zaina. How are you?" I smile.

Zaina chose a shady spot next to me and laid down. "Good. Yourself?"

"Same. Just watching the little youngsters play."

By youngsters I meant cubs. I watch them all chase each other around with loud laughter. One of the cubs fell. I quickly got up and race to her aid.

I put my nose on her furry butt lifting her back on her small paws again. The cub hug my leg before running off with her friends.

"Thank you ma'am!"

I chuckle. "No problem."

I sat watching the cubs wrestle. My smile start change to a sad one. Watching the cubs play made me think about the time when I tried to get pregnant.

I have always wanted more Cubs after Jengo. But it never happened. For some strange reason my body won't allow me to have another cub. The reminder of it makes me sad. I close my eyes tight. A tear roll down my furry cheek.

I feel a warm paw on my right shoulder. It's Zaina I bet. I open my eyes turning my head. Yup, I was right.

"It will be alright." She cooed.

I look down at my front paws. "Everyone in this pride knew how much I want to become a mommy again. Seeing these Cubs laugh and play reminds me of Jengo when he was young. I wanted to birth him a sibling or two. But it never came true. It's like something has blocked me from having any." I spoke, sadly.

"Wow, I never knew..."

"Well, now you know."

Zaina looked down. "I-I'm so sorry, miss Amaya."

I gave her a weak smile. "Don't feel bad for me honey. I'm getting old any way!"

"You know you could adopt a cub?"

"I know."

"Good morning miss Amaya, Good morning Zaina!"

Zaina and I both look straight ahead. Kaisa, another one of Jengo's childhood friends joined the scene. She exchange us hugs with a smile.

"Hey!" Zaina greeted, nuzzling her in a sisterly way.

I return the hug then left leaving the two young adults to talk. I decide to go to the den. No one would be in there at this time. Perfect because right now I need to be alone.

"Fine, I'll go!" Yelled a voice.

"Good and don't come back you traitor!" Another voice yelled back. This one sounds angry.

I pause in front of the den moving my ears around like a radar. One of those voices sound like Jengo's. I wonder what's going on?

Jengo showed up with a growl. He was about to go inside the den, but I stop him.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"Taka is a traitor, mother!" He roared.

"How so?"

"This whole time he's been taking hyenas our food that the lionesses hunt for the pride. It perfectly explains why the Cubs and elderly don't get a chance to eat any food."

My eyes widen with shock. How could Taka do such a thing?! What has Uru been teaching her children? Since when lions become friends with the enemy?? I shook my head with disappointment.

"Where is Taka now?" I ask.

Jengo frowned. "I exiled him out the pride and kingdom. If he ever makes a return there will be bad punishment."

Yes, Taka stole some food and gave it to the hyenas. But exiling him out the kingdom? Then giving him punishment if he returns??Really Jengo??? I think has gone a bit too far.

"Well, your the King. Do what ever you wish son. Just remember Taka is your cousin."

With that, I walked inside the den. Today has already start off too much.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Zaina's POV*

The hunting party brought back zebra for breakfast. Once everyone's bellies got full, we sun bathed for a while. Amaya remained in the den. Kaisa tore a piece of meat from the left over caracas and took it to Amaya.

I hear loud paw steps. I lift my head up off my front paws and see Jengo coming.

I smile, "Back from patrol huh?"

Jengo plop down on the grass with a groan. I lift a brow.

"What's wrong?"

"It's Scar!"

I look confused. "What about him?"

He frowned. "He's a traitor."

"Traitor?"

"Yes, Zaina, a traitor!"

"Why would he be-"

Jengo cut me off.

"He stole food from the pride and gave it to the hyenas. Since when lions become friends with the enemy?" Said Jengo, with a growl.

I shook my head. "I would have never thought Taka would do such a thing. Where is he?"

"I exiled him and if he returns there will be bad punishment."

I nod. There was nothing else to be said. I wonder where Taka will go next. He's still a teen. He wouldn't survive a week out on his own. Jengo should give him a chance. If I told him that he would look at me like I'm crazy. He is the King, I'm going to let him do his job.