Guards

*Sarabi's POV*

After lunch, I follow Athena behind Pride Rock. She introduce me to all the pride lionesses and their cubs. Since I'm going to be the next Queen, I should get to know all of the members. Of course they'd accept me with warm smiles and hugs.

I've already became quick friends with five lionesses. Their names are Destiny, Aspen, Dawn, Layla, and Ashanti. They seem to be around my age.

"So what pride are you from?" Ask Aspen, the lioness with the only small hair tuft.

"The Shimmer Pride." I answer.

Dawn nod. "I have a friend that lives there."

"Cool! So all of you were born here?"

Destiny shook her head. "Not Layla and Ashanti."

"I was born and raised in a different pride. When I reach teen hood, my mother thought it was best for us to leave." Said Layla.

"How come?" I ask.

"The pride leader suck. He wasn't respectful or kind to any of his members. My mother wasn't going to have it so we left. Queen Uru found us."

Athena sat down next to me with a smile. "My mother has a heart for everyone. She'll find help no matter what situation you're in."

Layla smiled. "It's true! If it wasn't for your mother Athena, my mother and I wouldn't of survive."

"That was so nice of her!" I say.

I turn my head to the right looking at Ashanti. She has her head laid down over her paws. "What about you?"

Ashanti lift up her head. "I came here when I was a cub. I don't remember why my mother and I came."

"When we all first met though, we instantly became best friends." Said Dawn.

Layla smiled. "Not even best friends, more like sisters."

Destiny nod. "We stick up for one another. If one of us is down, we'll be there and help."

I smile. "Such strong friendship."

Aspen playfully hit punch Athena's shoulder. "Athena is part of our group too even though she's a bit younger."

Athena pawed at Aspen's face with a growl. The two start to play fight. Ashanti shook her head at them while the rest of us laugh.

"You could join us too Sarabi. I know this is our first day meeting you, but you seem so warm and friendly." Smiled Dawn.

Layla nod. "Yeah!"

Before I could answer, Destiny had cut me off.

"How about we protect Sarabi whenever there's trouble. We she's the new Queen, we can be her guards!" Destiny suggested.

Athena and Aspen pause their wrestling game with Athena pinning down Aspen on the ground.

"Hey, that's a great idea!" Said Aspen.

"What do you think, Sarabi?" Ask Ashanti.

I smile nodding. "Guards huh? A Queen could use some protection when she's out and about. Sounds cool to me!"