Trying To Let Go

Simba

"Simba, where are you taking me?" Dalila asks.

"The more you ask Dalila, the more you wait." I reply.

Dalia and I are walking through the tropical jungle. I'm taking her to a beautiful place that I found yesterday searching for bugs with Timon and Pumba.

"Ugh, you know how much I hate surprises!" She whine.

I chuckle. "I know. We're almost there!"

"You said that ten minutes ago."

"Wow, you really counted?"

"Yep."

I shake my head. After a few more walks I stop in front of a curtain of green vines. I push them away and step to the side revealing the surprise.

"Oh my..." Was the only two words that had came out of Dalila's mouth. She's in complete shock.

I smile, "I figure you'd like it."

"How did you? But I thought??"

I put my paw over her mouth. "Sshh. Don't worry how I found it. Just know it  took me all night to decorate."

Dalila smiled big and gave me a tight hug. "Oh Simba, this was definitely worth the wait. Thank you! It's so beautiful."

I hug her back. "Your welcome! Let's sit and eat shall we?"

She nod and follow me further into the wide open beautiful place. On large flat rock lay all sorts of fruit. Majority of them are Dalila's favorites that I remember. I stole a few from monkeys. She doesn't know that though, haha!

"You even brought my favorite fruits! Your such a great friend, Simba." She says while sitting down.

I sit across from her with a slight chuckle. "Well, you did tell me they were your favorites when we first met as teenagers."

I watch Dalila eat one of them. I bet your thinking, "lions don't eat fruit!". Well in this world they do. I prefer not to eat it though. I have eaten earlier anyway. I'm stuffed from those bugs. Dalila had offer me some, I told her no.

After she ate, we talked for awhile. I told her a funny story and she told me hers. Hers was about how she almost got into a fight with a monkey when she mistaken it as a female. How terrible! I laughed.

My funny story was about how me and my old best friend Nala use to come up with crazy plans on how to get rid of Zazu the hornbill. Dalila of course laughed and call us bad. I laughed too but then quickly sadden. The thought of Nala makes me wonder how is she.

Does she even miss me?

Probably forgotten me by now...

She probably thinks I'm dead...

Maybe, maybe not...

Dalila walks over to me close. "What's wrong? You want from happy to sad very quickly. This Nala lioness was very special to you or something?"

I turn my head away trying to fight the tears that are about to water and fall. "She was my best friend back home at my pride.."

"Oh, I see."

"We were betrothed too."

Dalila furrow her brows. "How come you don't go back home? Don't you miss being with your pride and it ever get lonesome??"

I sigh and stand up. "It's complicated Dalila...you wouldn't understand."

"But Simba, you told me when we first met that your a Prince. Maybe if you return home, you'll be a King! That'll be so awesome."

"Yeah, but..."

"But what?"

"I just can't..."

Dalila smack her lips. "Oh come on! What's been holding you back? You can tell me anything. I won't freak out."

I start to walk slowly away. "I did something terrible, Dalila. Something i thought I would never do. Now I badly regret it. If go back home, my pride will hate me. They'll look at me with disgust and not want me as their King!"

"Tell me what it is. Maybe I can help you overcome it."

"No. I rather not bring up the past. I told you that once before."

Dalila roll her olive eyes. "Yeah, when we were teenagers. We're now adults. You can trust me Simba. I'm your best friend!"

I sigh again and sit with my back facing Dalila. My ears flat against my head as I close my eyes.

"I-"

Just as I began the story, I heard a loud scream.

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!"

"Pumba!" I jump.

Dalila lift a brow. "Pumba?"

"He sound like he's in trouble. I must go find him. I'll be back Dalila, I promise. Stay here!"

"Alright."

With that I left running fast through the jungle avoiding large bushes, trees, rocks, and long tangled vines.

"Pumba, Pumba, what's going on?" I hear Timon ask.

"SHE'S GONNA EAT ME!!" Pumba replies in a very panic tone.

Timon and Pumba both scream with fright. I speed up my running then pounce in the air. I found Timon and Pumba. But what I didn't expect to find was another lion.

A lioness...