Hyenas

*Ahadi's POV*

Me and Zuzu are on our way home from patrolling the borders. A female hyena zoom pass me. I turn around and pinned her down successfully.

"Oh, h-hi there K-King Ahadi!" She smiled, innocently.

"What are you doing here in the Pride Lands, Makana? I banished you and your hyena clan long ago after my three Cubs were born." I growled.

"I was only looking for food. The Grave Yard isn't a great spot to find food and water, you know. It's lifeless! I have teenage growing pups to feed!"

"You guys should of thought about that before deciding to kill some of the lionesses Cubs. The Cubs were very young, harmless, and innocent!"

Zuzu frowned. "How would you like it if we kill or attack one of your pups?"

Makana wonder her eyes off to the side. She know she would be in great pain if I killed her pups. But if I find her again in my lands, I will go out to the Elephant Grave Yard and kill them.

"Get out." I told her, with warning in my tone.

Makana quickly got up and ran out of the Pride Lands with her tail between her back legs.

I shook my head. "Zuzu, what am I going to do with her?"

Zuzu sat down on my shoulder and smirked. "She'll make a beautiful throw rug."

"Zuzu!"

"And just think! Whenever she gets dirty, you could take her out and beat her."

I laughed.
----------------------------------------------
*Makana's POV*

Elephant Grave Yard...

When I got home I was greeted by my three teenage children Shenzi, Banza, and Ed. (Author Note: In this book, I made the trio siblings. I don't know if they are in the movies or just friends. But here, their siblings 😊).

"Mother, I caught a zebra foal today!" Smiled Banza proudly.

I walk pass them. "Very good, dear."

Shenzi hit the side of Banza's face playfully. "That's because I help you."

Ed nodded.

Banza hit Shenzi back sticking out his tongue. "So!"

The two start to argue and wrestle each other around. Ed just sat and watched. I went inside the giant elephant skull.

"Welcome back, honey." My mate greeted me. "I see you came home with no food. Let me guess, King Ahadi found you?"

He nuzzled me. I sigh and sat down in front of him.

"First me, Dado, Sauli, and Cara came across the Princess. We thought she would be an easy target, but one of her brothers came to the rescue. He fought Dado, Sauli, and Cara. I was the only one left and made a quick run for it. While running, I zoom pass King Ahadi. He stop me and I got pinned down. I thought that was the end. Surprisingly he let me go and told me to get out." I explained.

"So, there won't be any food tonight?" Shenzi interrupted, who just step inside.

I turn around so I could face her. "Shenzi, how long were you listening out there?"

"Long enough, mother. When will we have more food and water? There's expected mothers in the clan who need to eat and keep their unborn pups alive. If we go more months without food or water, we're all going to die!"

"Me and your mother got this, Shenzi. Just worry about you and your brothers. You three are very successful in hunting." Said my mate.

Shenzi shook her head. "Not Ed, father. He still need more training."

"Then train him."

"But-"

"No butts. Now go, me and your mother will plan out a way to steal food from the lions!"

Shenzi mumbled something smart underneath her breath and ran out. I laid down rolling my eyes.

"I don't know what to do, Adamo. Our clan is starving and pretty soon if we don't find anything we're all going to die." I said, worried.

Adamo laid closely down next to me, resting his furry chin on top of my head. "I know my love. We'll find a way, I'm positive on this one. How about we send Shenzi, Banza, and Ed out tonight to hunt?"

"No, it's too dangerous at night for them."

"Come on, Makana. They're not pups anymore. Teenagers are what they are. Soon in a flash they'll be adults. Let them learn how to be strong and independent. If they can bring back home two large carcass's, it'll last the whole clan maybe a week or two."

I stare down at my front paws. Maybe Adamo is right...

"Okay, I'll go tell them." I nod.

"No, I'll tell them. You lay here and rest." He smile, getting up.

Adamo lick my cheek then walked out going to find to Shenzi, Banza, and Ed. I close my eyes falling into a deep quiet sleep.
----------------------------------------------
*Adamo's POV*

I found Banza and Ed both laying down chewing on old bones with a scrap of meat. I didn't see Shenzi any where and wonder where she went.

"Hey, where is your sister?" I ask.

Ed shrug. Banza stop gnawing on his bone and sat up.

"Shenzi left out the Grave Yard with an angry attitude. She said she's going to bring home large prey for the whole clan. I told her good luck with that!" Banza replied.

I lift a brow, "How come you two didn't go with her?"

"We tried father, but she insist going alone."

"Go find your sister Banza and help her."

Banza rolled his eyes. "Fine. Come on, Ed."

Ed got up with Banza. The two walk to the Grave Yard exit to go find their sister. I sat down with a grin.

Let's see how really hungry they are...