To Be A Queen...

*Uru's POV*

Pride Rock, Next Day, Early Morning...

"Mufasa." Ahadi called.

Mufasa pad his way in to the cave. "Yes, father?"

"Good Morning, son. Sarabi made it here yet?"

"Morning! And no. Me nor Athena haven't spot her."

Athena rushed in. "She's here now!"

I stand up and exit out the cave. Sarabi is walking up the rocky steps. I sit and wait patiently.

"Good Morning, Queen Uru!" She greets, kneeling with her head down.

I nod. "Good Morning, dear. I see your a bit tardy. A Queen is never late! I'll let that slide today since its your first day of class."

"I promise it won't happen again!"

"Very good. Now, come along! I want to give you a quick tour around the kingdom and meet the animals who live in the Pride Lands." I say, walking down the rocky steps.

Sarabi smiled, "Alright."

We walk through the tall plains. A mother cheetah and her three cubs are eating on a zebra carcass. One of the cubs had spot me and Sarabi coming.

"Uh Mama, someone is coming." Said the cub.

The mother cheetah stop eating from the carcass. She look up seeing what her cub is talking about.

She chuckled, "Oh, its just the Queen dear. No need to worry!"

I smile. "Hello, Manana! Your cubs are getting big I see."

"Hello, Uru! Yes, my little fur balls are growing up. What brings you out this morning?"

"I'm giving the future Queen a tour around the kingdom." I reply, shifting my eyes to Sarabi.

Sarabi smiled. "Hello."

Manana nod returning the smile. "Future Queen eh?Hello, my name is Manana. These are my cubs Gabe, Jabari, and Eira."

Sarabi lower her head to the cubs level. "They're so cute!"

Eira, the only female cub, was the first out of her brothers to meet Sarabi. She wasn't shy at all.

"Wow, wish I was Queen!" Eira smiled.

Jabari also smiled and join his sister leaving Gabe behind with their mother.

"The Pride Lands will love you as their Queen just like Ms. Uru!" Said Jabari.

I chuckle at the cute little cub. Sarabi lick his small hair tuft. Jabari giggle and Eira put a paw on Sarabi's nose. I start to walk off.

"Come along, Sarabi. There's more places to see and animals to greet." I said.

Sarabi said goodbye to Manana and her cubs then leap beside me.

"The most beautiful cheetah family I have ever seen." Sarabi commented.

"Agreed."

I took Sarabi to the watering hole. All types of animals are here. Elephants, hippos, giraffes, zebras, gazelles, antelopes, and wilder beasts. I introduce Sarabi to them one by one. Each animal showed respect bowing with smiles and acceptance.

The sky shift to afternoon. Me and Sarabi are on our way back to Pride Rock. Mufasa must of spot is coming because he ran down the rocky steps straight to Sarabi and pin her down.

"Muffy!" She laughed.

He rub his nose against her cheek smiling. "Hey, Sarabi. How was Queen lessons with my mother? I know she bored you."

I gave Mufasa a grin. "No, I didn't make her bored Mufasa. In fact Sarabi had a good time!"

"Really?"

Sarabi nod and push Mufasa off of her. "Yeah, it wasn't bad."

Mufasa look stunned. Sarabi laughed at his expression while I shook my head. I walk to the pride's cave leaving the two betrothed teens to talk.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Ahadi's POV*

"I'm home, honey!"

My ear twitch hearing Uru's soft beautiful tone. It's like music to my ears. I get up with a stretch and yawn. Uru came up nuzzling her face into my dark mane.

"Welcome back. How did Queen training go?"

"Good. Sarabi and I came across Manana's family. Her and the cubs were eating."

I smile. "Ah, Manana. I remember her. How are the Cubs doing?"

Uru sat down. "They've grown a lot, Ahadi! I remember when they were just little newborns. Our children were bigger cubs at that time."

"That's nice need to hear. I bet she like Sarabi too."

"Her and the cubs both. One of her sons said that the Pride Lands will love her as Queen."

I chuckle. "Haha, how sweet."

Uru smiled. "I know."

"We've made an excellent choice and Mufasa likes being paired with Sarabi."

"You told him?"

"Yup. He was excited!"

Uru laughed then rub her nose against my cheek. I purr and lick her forehead. Uru's red eyes drop down to her paws. She looks sad.

I lift a brow, "What's wrong, my precious flower?"

She cried a tear, "If only Taka was here. I'm sure he'd be proud of his brother being engaged."

"I know, I know."

I hug Uru as she place her head on my warm chest. She sob for a while. I didn't know what to do or say. I just sat comforting my mate. We have no idea if our son is okay or not. Something is telling me he's alright. I'm sure the Great Kings are watching over him for us.

"Mom, is everything okay?" Asked our third child Athena, who awkwardly walked in the cave.

Uru release herself from the hug sniffing and nod. "Yes, dear. Everything is fine."

Athena sighed and sat down in front of us. "It's about Taka, huh?"

Uru didn't say anything but look down. I nod at Athena.

"Your not only one who misses him, mother." She continued.

Athena head bud Uru. Uru did it back. I watch then brought them into my furry arms for a big hug.

"The Great Kings will watch him. My father wouldn't let no one hurt him." I say.

"Grandpa?" Asked Athena.

Uru nod. "Yes, dear. Your grand father Mohatu. He'll protect Taka for us."

The three of us nod our heads.

"King Ahadi, Queen Uru!"

Zuzu flew inside the cave. She sat on my shoulder.

"Zuzu, what's wrong?" Uru ask, worried.

Zuzu held up her wing. We gave her a moment to catch her breath. She must of been flying fast or far.

She finally open her beak. "Hyenas, in the Pride Lands!"

Athena's ears perk up. "Hyenas?!"

I growl. "Zuzu fly ahead!"

Zuzu fly out the cave. I ran after her leaving my mate and daughter behind. I thought I told those hyenas don't return here again?!