Prayers

Athena

"Both of you stop it!" I shout.

I watch Nala and Zira roar at one another with sharp fangs and claws. Both ready to attack and spill blood. Sarafina jump in front of her daughter Nala quick, pushing her away from Zira.

"That's right Sarafina, calm your daughter. It would be so sad to lose another pride member." Said Zira. She growled at the end of her sentence then left walking back to Pride Rock.

The lionesses mumble a few words. Words like terrible or evil Queen. I walk up to Nala and Sarafina.

"Nala, are you okay?" I ask.

Nala sat down with tears rolling down her light furry cheeks. "I-I just don't understand. H-How can she play so innocent about my b-brother's death. We all know either her or Scar had sent the hyenas off to kill him!"

Sarafina sighed wrapping an arm around Nala's body. "Nala sweetie, we still have no evidence or proof of what really had happened. I know how much you loved Mheetu. But that was a long time ago...we can't let it haunt our brains for long. I loved my son...but now that's in the past. You must overcome it like I've done."

"Overcome it? Are you seriously saying this mother?!"

I watch Nala boil with anger again. She growls, her claws digging deep inside the dirt underneath her light colorless paws.

"Nala-" I tried to say something, but she cut me off.

"No Athena!" She said. "I obviously see that I'm the only one who still cares about my brother. I will not let this mystery case stop. I will keep going and find some sort of link that will lead me to what happened to him. Someone is lying. The truth is here. I just need to get to it. If mother doesn't want to contribute, then I'll solve it on my own."

With that, Nala turn around and ran.

"Nala!" Sarafina calls.

Nala ignores her and keeps running. Some of the lionesses tried calling but Nala ignores them too. She picks up her running pace and disappears.

"Where is she going? We can't let her go on like that. Go after her!" Sarafina angrily says.

The lionesses look at one another then at Sarabi. Sarabi to the lionesses are still the Pride Lands Queen, not Zira.

Sarabi sighs shaking her head. "Let her go Saffy."

"Let her go?! What!"

"Nala will return. The winds tell me so. Trust me, my friend. They say she'll bring back something good, powerful and mighty."

The warm winds brush through all of our furs. Sarafina stare down at her paws very worried as any mother should feel about their child.

"Alright..."

Sarabi and I both hug her.

"We must pray and call out to the Great Kings tonight." Said Rafiki walking slowly forward with his stick.

Me, Sarabi, Sarafina, and the rest of the lionesses all nod at the old wise baboon.

Where ever your are headed Nala...

Please be safe...

Sisi kukupa maombi yetu...