Liar

Athena

I watch my nephew slip over the edge and is clinging to the ledge by his forepaws. Lightning strikes below, igniting a fire.

"Simba!" Nala panicking yells.

"Someone quick help bring him up!" Said one of the lionesses.

My daughter Kimbella, who is now a growing teenager, walks up to my side with confusion.

"Mother what is all this commotion about?" She asks me.

"Your big cousin Simba has returned. But he's now in trouble!"

"Simba? No way..."

"NoooooOOOO! ...Murderer!" Simba shouts.

Simba jumps up the ledge pinning my brother strongly down.

"No, Simba, please." Scar begs.

"Tell them the truth."

"Truth? But truth is in the eye of the behold-"

Simba starts to choke Scar.

"All right, all right. I did it...I did it." Scar said very quietly.

"So they can hear you." Simba frowns.

"I killed Mufasa!"

What the h-...

Nala starts running towards Scar, the hyenas attack Simba in a wall of teeth. The lionesses join in. I see a red warthog and a meerkat come in. Who are they? Hyenas are flying everywhere.

"Now is the time to fight, Kimbella!" I tell my daughter.

"B-But, what if I don't know how mother?" Kimbella said in a scared tone.

"It's either fight or death in this situation. We must help Simba get his throne back from your crazy uncle. Fight Kimbella, NOW!!"

Kimbella startle by my last sentence jump then nod. She ran over to help Nala and the other lionesses fight the hyenas off Simba. Me? I went to go find Scar. I notice he had disappeared from the scene.

"Scar?" I call out.

No answer...

I follow his scent high up Pride Rock. It's strong and close. He's around...but where? My ears twitch. I hear movement of rocks. It's coming from inside the cave.

I walk in and see Scar quickly moving rocks out of the way trying to escape out the cave's emergency exit.

"Scar."

Scar turned around with an innocent smile. "Oh, uh, well isn't it my baby sister Athena."

I walk forward with a frown. "Why didn't you tell me you killed our brother?"

"I had to protect myself, that's why!"

"Protecting and hiding yourself away from the truth will lead you in big danger and punishment!"

Scar turned back around continuing to move the last few big rocks out of the way. "That is why Im leaving now before Simba gets a hold of me. If anyone asks where I am, tell them...tell them..."

"Tell them what Scar? Tell them that you're a killer and a liar?!" I growl. "Did you kill mother too?!!"

Scar snarl with anger and spun around pinning me hard on the solid ground. "Mother's death was something that happened a long time again. That wasn't my fault!"

"Then what happened Scar? Why was she taken and killed outside the Pride Lands?? Why were you found days afterward??? Huh, HUH?!!" I snarl loudly back. I was beginning to lose control of myself. Soon I'm going to snap.

"Fine, I'll confess."

Scar got off me so I can get up. I sat down listening closely.

"While Makana and her clan ambush the Pride Lands, I had Shenzi to send out her brother Banzai to kill mother. He felt very guilty that day."

"W-Why would you do that?"

"Because I should of been chosen future King that's why! Mother betrayed me. She always thought I'd be a good fit for a King, not Mufasa. She always favored Mufasa."

My eyes start to water. "That perfectly explain why you killed Mufasa. You killed him and mother over jealousy. You let darkness control you. Father was right about you all along too, Scar. You'll never change your attitude. Your a disgrace in this whole royal family!!"

"SHUT UP!!!"

Scar pinned me down again this time clawing at my face. I roar, smacking him in his face. He was forced to get off. We circle around each other showing our sharp canine teeth. My brother has done terrible things in the past.

Now it's time for it to end...

Even if I die in the process...