Storm

*NO ONE'S POV*

As morning shift to early afternoon, hard rain starts to pour down. Ahadi and the pride lionesses rush into the cave for cover. The other animals went to go find safe shelter. A terrible storm is about to hit the Savannah.

Ahadi worries sick for Mufasa and Athena. "Where are they? Shouldn't they be back by now??" He thought.

"Sire, they're here! I see my son!!" Zuzu squawk from outside the cave.

Ahadi peek his head outside seeing sure enough Mufasa and Athena running up Pride Rock. Above them flies Zazu. Then behind them a black mane lion follows. Ahadi nor Zuzu have never seen him before.

"Mufasa, Athena! I was worried sick." Said Ahadi smiling with relief.

He rub foreheads against their own. Zuzu gave her son Zazu a hug. The black mane lion stood in the background lost with no words. Ahadi frown at Mufasa.

"Where were you two? You missed your mother's funeral!"

Mufasa looked down. "I know, I am sorry father. We thought we would be back before it had started."

Athena smiled looking over her shoulder. "We did bring back a special someone."

Ahadi looked over Mufasa and Athena seeing the black mane lion. He has the same green eyes and mane like his own, Uru's similar colored fur, and a pink scar on his eye.

"No, it can't be..." He thought.

"Father?" The lion spoke.

Ahadi look at both Mufasa and Athena. The two nod their heads with big smiles.

"T-Taka?"

Zuzu put her right wing on her chest. "Oh my word..."

"The Prince, my son is alive and has returned!"

Ahadi ran up and gave his son a tight hug. Taka put his arm around him. A tear fell from his eye. What a beautiful reunion! The lionesses came to check what's going on. They've heard the King say the lost prince is alive and welcome him back home roaring.

Before everyone could ask Taka a million of questions, the King explain to him what happened to his now deceased mother. Taka's eyes change from happy to anger quickly. Mufasa put a paw on his shoulder. Taka move away speed walking to the cave's exit.

"Taka, where are you going?" Sarabi asked.

Taka growled, "Its Scar, not Taka!!"

With that, he ran out.

"Father, Taka can't go out there. Its storming bad. He can get sick or struck by lightening!" Said a worry Athena.

"I'll go get him!" Mufasa offered.

Ahadi shook his head. "No, let him go."

"What if he runs away again?"

"He won't Mufasa, trust me."

As much as Mufasa wanted to argue, he sat down next to his wife Sarabi listening to his father. Athena stood worried. What if Scar doesn't come back home? He just found out his mother is dead. Zira did not tell him lies. They are all very true.

Ahadi laid down. "We can all hang in here until the storm goes away."

Sarabi met her eyes with Mufasa's. "Maybe the storm is a message from the Great Kings."

"Maybe." Mufasa replied, then nuzzle her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As for Makana and her clan...

"Queen Uru is gone. Next we need to get rid of King Ahadi. The Pride Lands will be finally ours!" Said Makana, standing on top of a very tall rock.

The hyenas cheered.

Banza, one of her sons did not. He sat with his ears sadly down.

"I can't believe I killed the Queen, Scar's mother. What would he think of me?" He thought.

Banza's sister Shenzi notice his sad looks. She sat down in front of him putting a paw on his shoulder.

"Hey, you okay bro?" She ask.

He shook his head. "No. I can't believe I killed Scar's mother. Scar is our friend Shenzi!"

"It's okay. You know we didn't have a choice. Not we, but you. Besides Banza, your the one that always wanted to help mother get revenge on father. You should be proud of your work. Why back down now? It's too late! Queen Uru is dead. There's no turning away from that."

"What if Scar finds out I killed her? He'll skin me alive!"

Shenzi rolled her eyes. "He won't find out, chill."

Banza furrow his brows. "How do you know?"

"Because, he won't ever find out that it was you. Duh!"

"I guess..."

"I heard from some vultures that Queen Uru's funeral was earlier today. The whole kingdom was crowded there!"

"I bet."

Shenzi gave Banza a hug. "Don't worry, I got your back. Scar won't know. Your secret is safe with me!"

Banza smiled. "Thank you, sis."

The two siblings continued to chat.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At the Shimmer Pride, it's still raining. Everyone is in their den. Sarafina cuddle close underneath her husband Makaio.

"Ugh, I cannot wait until this storm is over. I need food in my system. I have another mouth to feed you know!" Said Sarafina.

Makaio nodded. "I know, I'll get you something to eat Sarafina once the storm is over. Someone must of upset the Great Kings today."

"Well, today was Queen Uru's funeral. Maybe they're sad that she's gone."

"Or angry at her murder!"

Sarafina frowned. "Who would do such a thing. She was such a nice, loving lioness!"

Makaio shrug, "I don't even know Miss Uru. But the way you and Sarabi use to always describe her to me, she seems cool."

"I wanted her to meet our cub or Cubs one day. But now she's gone..."

Sarafina cried a tear. Makaio rub his nose against her furry cheek. She rest her head on his shoulder for more comfort.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Kaisa, do you feel better now?" Asked Taavi, her boyfriend.

Kaisa had just got done eating large pieces of buffalo meat. She's laying on her side licking her front paws clean.

"Yes, thank you for going out in that bad storm and hunt me food Taavi." Kaisa smiled.

Taavi laid next to her chuckling. "Well, you are pregnant with our Cubs. It's the least I can do."

Kaisa kissed him on the left cheek. Taavi blush purring. He couldn't wait to become a father soon. They'll all grow up as tough lion guards like him in the pride. Taavi would be the one training them each and every day. Lions in the pride are guessing Kaisa will give birth to more than one cub because of the size of her belly. Guess they'll all have to wait and see (: