Scar

*Mufasa's POV*

Evening...

The sun slowly start to set. Sarabi and Sarafina went back home to their pride. I was kinda upset. Me and Sarabi were having fun! I gave her a nice tour around the kingdom. She asked me a lot of questions. Now me, Taka, and Athena are heading back to Pride Rock. Evening is here which means it's time to know who'll be the next future leader.

Taka is really sweaty and nervous. Athena has a "I don't care" attitude. Me? I'm calm with no worries. If I don't win, it's okay. I still love both of my siblings. We met our parents and the whole pride behind Pride Rock. Rafiki is standing between our parents. One hand he's holding his stick and the other hand has a vine necklace made out of flowers.

Me, Taka, and Athena sat down with our heads bowed down.

"The Pride Lands next future leader will be..." My father announced loudly. "Mufasa!"

Lions of the pride roared. Rafiki clap his hands. He smiled and step up placing the flower vine necklace on my furry neck.

"Congrats, young one."

I smile. "Thank you."

I turn my head looking at Taka. He looks very disappointed. But his face quickly switch to anger once his eyes met mines. I heard him growl.

"Taka..."

Taka ran away leaving Pride Rock.

"Taka!" My mother called.

Athena looked lost. "Where is he going?"

"Taka, you come back here boy!" My father yelled, frowning.

Taka didn't come back. I stood up and was about to run after him, but my mother jump in front of me.

"No Muffy, let him go and cool off." She said.

Athena got worried. "But mother, it's not safe at night. What if Taka gets hurt?"

"I'm going to find him before the sun goes completely down." I said.

My father walked up nodding at my mother. "Let Mufasa go, Uru. He knows his way around the kingdom very well. I'm sure he can find Taka!"

My mother shift her red eyes to my father than me. She stared at me with worry eyes then looked down.

"Go find your brother." She said sighed.

I nod and sprint off. The wind start to blow. Taka's scent brush underneath my nose. I follow it in to the grasslands. Maybe he's here?

"Taka?" I called.

No response.

"Taka? If you hear me, please come back home. It's getting dark. Our parents are worried!"

"They don't care about me." An angry voice answered.

It's Taka. I walk forward pushing my way through the tall grass. I found him laying down on a rock. His front paws are crossed with his head on top.

"That's not true." I said, "They have always cared and loved you."

"If they do, how come I'm not future King? I deserve the crown. Not you Mufasa!"

I furrow my brows and sat down. "Why do you want the crown so badly?"

Taka sat his head up and growled. "Because I'm better than you. I'm better at everything Mufasa and you still get the crown. Like what the heck? What, I'm still not good enough for mother and father? I've tried every single thing to impress them. Heck, I even recused a lion cub from a hyena last week!"

"Whoa, calm down bro."

"DONT TELL ME TO CALM DOWN!"

Taka's loud angry voice made me jump. I place a paw over my chest looking down. He got down from the rock and walked up to me closely growling.

"It's always been you. Mufasa this, Mufasa that. What about Taka huh? Oh let's forget about him. That's what mother and father are probably thinking!"

I got up stepping backwards away from Taka. He's gone completely bananas. I'm afraid and don't know what he might do.

"For once in my life can I get the things I want?" Taka continued.

"You do. What about Sarafina?" I reminded him.

"She only likes me because I told her I'm the future King. Now that I'm not, she's going to loose interest. It's all of your fault!"

Taka roared and swung his paw at me. I duck my head fast with wide eyes. Is he trying to hurt me?

"We're brothers. Don't fight!" I warned.

He ignore me and tried swinging at me again. This time I jump at him roaring. We both start throwing paws added with claws and teeth this time.

"I hate you!" Taka screamed.

He pinned me down. I kick him off with my feet. Taka fell down on his side. I quickly got up and stood over him. No matter how many times he try to push me off, I kept standing there strong.

I roared. "Enough!"

Taka wouldn't stop. He lean up and bit one of my front paws. I back off with a loud yell. Blood start to drip. He bit me hard. I was about to run up . But out of no where, father came and stood between us with a louder roar. Birds flew away out of the trees. That's how powerful and loud his roar is.

"Both of you stop it now!" Father demanded.

Mother step out from the tall grass. I'm assuming she smell blood. She look down at my injured paw and gasp.

"Oh my, what happened to your paw Muffy?!" She asked, walking fast to me.

I frown at Taka. "He bit me!"

Father looked at Taka growling. "What has gotten into your head boy? First you leave home, now your hurting your own big brother?!"

Taka growled back. "The crown should be mines father, not Mufasa's. How could you and mother choose him but not me? Do you guys not care?!"

"I knew this would happen." Mother whispered sadly.

"We didn't pick you because of your anger, Taka. You need to find a way to control it. One day your anger will get the best of you and you may snap out at a pride member." Said father.

"There's nothing wrong with my temper!" Taka snapped. "You guys just like Mufasa better than me. What does he have that i don't? I beat him in everything!"

Right there Taka had lost it and tried to hit father with his paw. Father duck fast and pinned Taka on ground hard. He lift up his large paw with a snarl.

Mother ran up. "Ahadi, don't!"

It was too late. Father swipe his claw on Taka's eye. It left a deep mark and start to bleed. Taka roared in pain. Mother start crying dramatically and I gasp with shock. I can't believe father would hurt Taka. His own son though! Ahadi got off of him and Taka ran off again.

"Taka, come back!" Mother yelled.

I look at her sadly. "Mom, he's never coming back..."

Mother cried again. Father walked up and wanted to nuzzle her, but mother shook her head stepping away.

"No. What you did Ahadi was low." She frowned. "You hurt our son..."

Father made sadden eyes. Mother started walking home. I limp behind her. Father didn't follow us. Maybe he went to go find Taka. Good luck with that one.