A New Cub

*Mufasa's POV*

6 Months Later, Water Hole...

"Slow down, Muffy. You know I can't run fast like you!" Whined Athena.

"Yeah. Who said we are racing to the waterhole anyway?" Asked Taka.

I slow down once I got close up to the waterhole. Taka and Athena finally caught up. Their clearly out of breath. I shook my head at them.

"You guys need to run more!" I said, sitting down.

Athena laid down on the soft green grass. "No, you need to learn how to slow down. You're not a cheetah!"

Taka nod. "Exactly!"

I rolled my eyes.

"Mufasa, Taka, Athena!" A voice called.

The three of us looked around moving our ears.

"It's me, look up!" The voice said.

We all look up at the light blue sky. It's Zazu the hornbill, Zuzu's son. He's a child just like me, Taka, and Athena. I smile standing up.

"Hey there, Zazu!"

Taka rolled his eyes sitting down. "Ugh, it's just the little tattle tale."

Athena pushed Taka. "Quit it Taka, Zazu is no tattle tale. He just likes speaking the truth!"

"Oh shut up, Athena. You and Muffy always take up for him. Can't you see? Zazu gets us in trouble!"

Zazu frown. "I do not."

Taka frowned back. "Yes you do."

"I do not!"

"Yes you do!"

The two constantly went back and forth. I start to get annoyed covering my ears up with my paws.

"QUIET!!!!" I shout.

They both stop and Athena jumped. I took my paws off my ears.

"Taka, leave Zazu alone. He's a bit younger than us and doesn't know any better."

Taka looked down. "Fine."

Zazu smiled. "Thanks, Mufasa."

Athena stood up. "Finally that's squashed, now can we play?"

I smile. "Yeah, let's go swim in the waterhole."

Athena took a few steps backwards. "Um Muffy, you must of forgotten that I don't like water."

Taka laughed. "Big baby!"

Zazu frowned and sat down on my shoulder. "See what I mean about Taka, Mufasa?"

Taka stuck his tongue out at Zazu. I shook my head and walked off.

"Taka if you want to play with us, you must stop bullying others. It's not nice!"

Athena followed behind me. "Yeah. I can't believe you would even call me that. You know I have Aqua Phobia!"

Me, Athena, and Zazu went to go play some where else. I want to swim in the waterhole, but I forgot Athena has fear of water. Taka didn't follow us. He stayed at the waterhole by himself sitting down in the same spot. Guess he'll eventually join us later.
----------------------------------------------
*Taka's POV*

I watch them all leave me behind. Forget them! I can play all by myself. A green lizard came out of the tall green grass. I got low on the ground stalking it quietly and growled. Just as I was about to pounce, something else jump out but bigger than the lizard. It's another lion cub, a female one. I stop growling and stood up. She's tan with red eyes and a brown stripe going down from her head to back. The lizard got away fast.

She stomp her paw. "Dang it!"

I took a few steps back feeling shy. She turn her head noticing me. A log is behind me and I some how fell backwards over it. The cub place her paw over her mouth trying to hold in her laughter. I land on my head with all my paws in the air. The cub hop over the log and stood in front of me close with her red eyes meeting my green ones.

"Ah!" I yell.

I quickly got up and ran hiding in the tall green grass. The cub follow me peeking her head in. Why won't she leave me alone? I got low on my belly shaking with my paws over my eyes. The cub got close again.

"Hey! I'm not going to hurt you. Why do you keep running away from me?" She said.

I took my paws off my eyes. I'm still laying on the ground. "W-who are you? I don't remember seeing you here in the Pride Lands."

She sat down with a big smile moving her tail side to side. "My name is Zira. I'm from the Sun Pride! I got separated from my mom. She's hunting some where now and I was busy distracted by that green lizard."

"Oh. My name is Taka!"

"Like Prince Taka?!"

I slowly sat up. "Uh, yeah. Why?"

Zira eyes widen. "My pride knows who you are. Your one of King Ahadi's sons!"

"Wait, your pride knows my dad?"

"Of course silly! Everyone does. The Sun Pride doesn't live far from here. We're kinda next door. Just have to cross over that river down there!"

I nod. "Cool."

She smiled again. "So, where's your brother Mufasa? I've been dying to meet him one day. He's all the female Cubs talk about at my pride. They say how cute he is. I just want to make them jealous and prove that I met him close in person!"

"He's-"

"I'm here!" A voice had cut me off.

We both turn our heads seeing Mufasa and Athena walk forward. Zazu is flying in the air.

Zira gasped. "Oh my gosh, it's Prince Mufasa!"

Athena lift a brow. "Um, Taka. Who's your friend?"

I made a frown at Athena. "She's not my friend. I just met her! Besides, Zira isn't from here."

Zazu flew down and sat on the ground in front of Mufasa's paws. "King Ahadi don't like un-expected guests in his lands. You better go home cub if you want to stay alive!"

Zira step up to Zazu showing him her sharp pointy teeth. She took her paw knocking him over with a smirk. "Who brought the little birdie?"

Mufasa frowned. "Hey, leave him alone!"

Athena growled. "If you don't leave cub, I'll go get our dad!"

"Relax." Zira said calmly, "I just want to meet Mufasa so I can tell the female Cubs at my pride that I met him in person. They'll believe me!"

"What pride are you from?" Asked Mufasa.

"Sun Pride. It's across the river next door, not far away from the Pride Lands. Our pride heard so much about you guys!"

Athena look surprised. "Really?"

Zira chuckled. "Yeah. Things spread pretty quickly."

"Zira?" A voice called.

The voice sound close by. It must be Zira's mom looking for her.

"Coming mommy!" Zira yelled.

Before running off, she look at us all and waved her paw. "See yah!"

We wave back except for Zazu. He just stood on the ground frowning. Something is telling me he doesn't like Zira.

"She seems okay." Said Athena.

Mufasa nod. "Yeah. I never knew I had fans who like me outside of the pride! Guess being a prince is awesome."

I start to walk off heading home to Pride Rock. "I guess. Just hope Zira doesn't ever come back. Dad would go crazy if he finds her!"

Mufasa, Athena, and Zazu nod their heads. They follow behind me home. We must keep Zira a secret like she never had came. If Zazu tell Zuzu or our parents anything about her, I swear I'll make him dinner tonight!