Not Leaving

Sarafina

Every night I couldn't help but to dream about my daughter Nala.

Is she alright?

Did she ever make it to her destination safe?

All of these same thoughts roam my head. Sarabi always tell me to don't ever think. But I can't help it. It's been a whole month! I miss her...

Makaio, please continue to watch over our daughter...

I look up at the early morning sky watching the sun slowly rise above the mountains. I can a feel presence standing behind me. I look over my shoulder and see Scar.

I frown. What does he want now? Gosh, he's such a tick!

"Good morning, Sarafina!"

"Morning your majesty..."

Scar walks up to my left side standing closer. "Why up so early? Worrying about Nala again, hmm??"

I look down at my paws. "Yeah. But it doesn't matter. I'm sure she's out there fine!"

"Lets face the facts. Nala hasn't return to Pride Rock in a month. She's either dead or lost her path way home."

"Don't say dead! My Nala know the excellent ways of survival. I had taught her everything I know."

"The why isn't she back, Sarafina?" Scar frowned. "Please tell my why since you clearly know!"

I tried to hold in my growl. "I...I don't know, Scar. Maybe she went to go find help to get rid of YOU!"

Scar raise up his large paw and smack my face. It sent me flying to the hard ground. I fell on my side.

"Saffy!"

It's Sarabi's panic voice. She ran forward and help me back up on my paws. I stood slowly up.

"Are you okay?" She ask.

I nod at her than face Scar with a loud growl. "Yeah, I'm fine."

Scar roared. "There's nothing you can change Sarafina. I will ALWAYS be King here. If you don't want to die early, I suggest you shut your mouth!"

Sarabi jump at his loud tone. It always startle her when ever he angrily yell. It never scares me though. I'm always ready to what ever Scar throws at me. He knows how much I dislike him. Parts inside me still believe him or Zira may have killed my son...

They can't be trusted.

Scar turned around stomp back inside the cave. Sarabi gave me a hug.

"I am so sorry, Saffy..."

"It's not your fault. I let my anger and attitude get the best of me."

"No, I'm sorry for letting this go on for so long. I should of said something at the time when he first claimed the crown. Me, you, Nala, and the rest of the lionesses could of sneak back to our old birth pride. One of my sisters I'm sure is ruling it now!" She said, sitting.

"Yeah. But its okay, neither of us knew Scar would turn out to be this way. He's pure dark and evil. He has no feelings what so ever! Scar thinks he's the top of everything and can say any thing out loud that's on his mind. He doesn't know that he's hurting us and risking our lives!" I say.

"We must think of an plan to escape."

"Hyenas are every where, that's impossible!"

Sarabi shook her head. "No. We leave midnight while they're sleeping. We'll cover up our scents and in the morning they won't know where we left to."

I look up at the morning sky. "I don't know..."

"It's either death here or freedom out there. Which one Sarafina?"

"What if Nala return while we're gone, Sarabi? I've been having this weird feeling on my fur since she had left. Something is telling me she'll be back. I just know it!"

Sarabi put her paw on top of my own. "If that's what you choose to do, then I'll stay and wait with you."

I shook my head. "No. I can't continue to watch you suffer sick here. Your too sick Sarabi. You must go on! Go find a better life."

It's true. Sarabi has grown sick over the pass six months. It's now gotten worse every since Nala had left the Pride Lands.

Sarabi coughed sickly. I pat her back and hug her.

"You must go..." I repeat, my eyes beginning to water.

"No. Your my best friend...we'll stick and die together!" She said, her eyes watering.

We both head bud each other, tears rolling down our cheeks. Our final decision has been made.

We'll remain in the shadowlands...

Until Nala's return...