Forgiveness

*Kaisa's POV*
I ran behind Taavi. I see he wants to challenge me in hunting. I'll show him! The zebra made an loud call for its herd added with a whine. Taavi is close behind it and ready to pounce.

"Not so fast, buster!"

I zoom pass Taavi and got close beside the zebra. I pounce on its back with a growl. My claws pierce deep into the skin. The zebra yelped.

Taavi snarled angrily, "Hey!"

I smirk. The zebra slowed down. I jump off as it fell and I quickly went in for the kill. Taavi stopped running. He kept a distance away.

"Wow." He said.

I flip my furry hair tuft from off of my golden eyes. "Not everyone is good in teams, Taavi. Some of us are more independent."

"I clearly see that now."

Haku walked up. "I'm very stunned, Kaisa. Good work! Even though this was suppose to be a team assignment."

I smiled. "Thank you and yeah I know."

"You may now eat your winning prize. Taavi and Jengo are the only ones who don't eat. Hunting class day one went well. There will be more training tomorrow! So be awake and ready."

I laid down in the tall green grass and start eating on the zebra. Haku walked away. Jengo and Zaina join the scene.

"Congrats, Kaisa!" Said Zaina.

Jengo smiled. "Yeah, we saw the whole hunt."

I chew on a piece of meat. After swallowing, I lick my lips then smiled. "Thanks guys."

Taavi sat down rolling his eyes. "It suppose to be our zebra. But Kaisa killed it so whatever."

Jengo put his paw on Taavi's shoulder. "Your not alone Taavi. I didn't make a kill either."

I look at Taavi seeing how upset he is. Okay, yes I feel bad. I fully admit that. This hunt was suppose to be team work. Instead I turned it into complete competition. I tore a right thigh from the zebra and push it over to Taavi.

Taavi lift a brow. "What is this, Kaisa?"

I smile. "Here, have some."

"Awwwwn, someone is trying to be nice." Teased Zaina.

I roll my eyes at her. Taavi look surprised. He brought the zebra thigh closer to him and laid down.

"Oh um, thanks."

He began eating it silently. I offer Jengo some meat too but he shook his head no.

"I'll have whatever the lionesses had brought home." Said Jengo.

I nod.

Afternoon...

Me and Zaina are both laying down on a large gray rock. The sun kept it warm. I'm busy grooming my paws and face. Zaina otherwise is sleep. My ears twitched. I hear paw steps and turn my head to the direction it's coming from.

"Hey, Kaisa!"

It's Taavi. Hm, interesting. I wonder what he wants.

"Oh, hello Taavi." I spoke back.

He look down at his front paws shyly. "I was wondering if you would like to go on a walk with me?"

"Sure."

I hop down from the rock and left Zaina behind who just rolled on her back now drooling. We start following a path that led a long way to the river.

Taavi cleared his throat. "So, are you and Zaina related?"

I shook my head. "Nope. She's my best friend. We've been friends since cub hood."

"Oh. I always thought you both were sisters. Guess I'm wrong then!"

I chuckled. "It's okay. We get called sisters all the time."

Taavi smiled. "That's like me and Jengo. Lions would think we're brothers by the way we act."

"True."

We talked all the way until we arrive at the river. I learn more about Taavi and his really cool friendly personality. He's not bad at all. I need to stop judging others so fast! Taavi bend down and took some sips from the water. I did the same then sat once done. Taavi remain standing up. Other animals are drinking and swimming here too.

"I ask you to come for a walk because, I feel like I should apologize." Said Taavi.

The wind blew his short growing mane. I look down at my paws nodding.

"Yeah, it's best if I apologize too. It's actually my fault about what happened earlier." I said.

"It's both of our faults, Kaisa. Don't take all of the blame."

"Alright. I'm sorry Taavi for making our hunt a competition."

Taavi smiled. "And I'm sorry for being jealous."

"Wait, jealous?"

"Yeah. I was jealous that you can hunt. Your skills are really excellent. The way you jump and tackle that zebra down was wow!"

I raise my head up meeting my eyes with Taavi's blushing. "Thanks."

We both fell silent. The only noise that's heard is from the vultures flying above. I thought of something. What if I help Taavi hunt tomorrow in hunting class?

"You know, I can always teach you how to hunt." I smiled.

Taavi finally sat down. "Really?"

"Yeah."

"Okay."

Taavi scoot close to my side. I can feel his warm fur brush against mines. It sent a cool shiver down my spine. I move my tail back and forth.

"Question."

"Yes?"

Taavi shift his eyes to the river. "You and Zaina are very good in hunting. Why are you girls in hunt school?"

I laughed. "Because, we both want to join the hunting party. Zaina is trying for lead huntress. Her mom is the current leader."

"Oh yea. Jengo mention that to me before. It make sense why she wants to follow her mother's paw prints."

"Yeah."

Taavi took his eyes off the river and stood up smiling. "Hey, want to take a quick swim?"

I shook my head no. "Nah, I don't want my fur all soaked and messy. I literally just finish grooming it before you came asking me for a walk."

"Come on Kaisa. Just one swim?"

"Alright."

Taavi made a huge smile. He took a few steps back and zoom forward jumping in to the air. He made a cannon ball in the river. I clap my paws laughing. Taavi swam up to the surface spitting out water.

"The water is fine, Kaisa." He said.

I walk up close to the river dipping my paw inside. I jump backwards.

"Yikes! That's really cold." I said, shaking.

"Guess I'll have to force you in."

"No, wait!"

Taavi swim fast to me. He grab both of my shoulders dragging me in to the water. I swam up to the surface. Taavi did the same and laughed. I frown and dunk his head underneath the water for a few minutes then let go. He came back up moving some of his half growing mane from off of his eyes.

I laughed. "Got ya!"

Taavi smirked. "Oh yeah?"

He swim after me. I made a fake scream and quickly swam away. We chase each other around the river like little Cubs. Im starting like Taavi.