Ghost

*Ahadi's POV*

Athena, Zuzu, and the pride have been searching for Athena all night. No one stopped for water or sleep. The sun slowly rise above the mountains. It's morning, I look up at the sky.

"Uru, I can't find our daughter. Please give me a sign where she may be."

Cool winds blow through my black mane. I close my eyes as colorful leaves fly around me. Clouds move away from the sun. The sun shined brightly. I open back my eyes. A glowing lioness comes forward.

I gasp recognizing her. It's my wife. "U-Uru?"

"Ahadi, my love." She smiles.

"Oh Uru!"

I run up and try to hug her but my body went right through. I forgot that she's a ghost.

"Uru, I miss you. Please come back to me!"

She sighed sadly. "I cannot. In fact, I shouldn't be here. I've come because I heard your call. What's wrong?"

I sit down. "Our daughter has gone missing. A cheetah claim that she spot Athena leaving out the Pride Lands one night with a male lion. Do you know where she may gone to? Please tell me Uru! I need to know if she's alright and safe."

"Athena is located in a far away tropical jungle. She's with this male lion. He seems to be making her happy. They look very in love!"

"Jungle? In love?!"

I roar angrily. Uru can tell that I'm upset. She walked up close putting her head underneath my chin to calm me.

"You must calm down, Ahadi."

"How can I calm down Uru? Our daughter is in a far away jungle in love with some stranger!"

"He's no stranger."

"How do you know?"

"They're friends."

Friends? Did I miss anything here?!

"How are they friends? Please explain." I say, looking confused.

"They've met before in teen hood." She said, "His name is Chidi. He sneaks in the Pride Lands every night to see Athena. They'll lay on the grass and talk for hours. She really likes him."

"That doesn't mean for them to run away with out telling anyone. I told Athena she couldn't leave. She betrayed my words!"

I growl, still angry.

"Ahadi, listen to me. Remember we were young adults and I wanted to run away with you?"

"Yeah, but-"

Uru looked dead in my green eyes. "Athena is not our baby girl anymore. She is grown. Let her live, love, and be happy! I'll watch over her in case things go wrong."

I look down thinking what Uru said.

"Your right..."

Uru smiled. She licked my cheek. I find a funny that I was able to feel it since she is a ghost. Uru's ghost form start to fade slowly away.

"Until we meet again Ahadi, I will always love you. Don't forget me!"

"I won't!"

Uru return back to the morning sky, her ghost form disappearing. I cry a tear waving my paw at the sky.

Goodbye Uru...

"Sire, the whole pride fell asleep. Do you want me to wake them up and continue the search?" Asked Zuzu, who flew and sat on my shoulder.

I shook my head smiling. "No. Let us all rest. It's been a long night, do you agree?"

"Yes, sire!"

Zuzu nod then flew to a tree. She made a small nest then went to sleep. I laid down underneath the tree, still looking up at the sky.

I trust your words Uru. Watch over our daughter, make sure she's safe.

I lay my head over my front paws falling into a quiet deep sleep.