Lion Meets Hyenas

*No One's POV*

Night...

Shenzi walked through the wide open plains. She search for prey and didn't come up with any luck. Her tongue is dry. She is desperate for water. A river is straight ahead. Shenzi ran to it, got down, and lap up the water quickly. It's been days since she last taste water this cold and refreshing. After drinking, she stood up and lick her lips.

"Now, back to this hunting."

Shenzi won't give up hunting for the clan just yet. If it takes her all night to early morning, than oh well. She knows if the clan continues to starve and go another full month without food, everyone is going to die starting with the pups.

"I must find food!" She growled, this time running through the plains.

Suddenly, a twig snapped. Shenzi stop running and stood completely froze. Her ears move back and forth, trying to tune in at every sound. Something is here...

"Show yourself!" She yelled.

Out from the tall grass came Banza and Ed. Shenzi roll her eyes with annoyance.

"What are you two idiots doing here? I thought I told you both to stay home and not follow me!"

"Dad told us to go look for you." Said Banza.

Shenzi lift a brow, "Um, why?"

"So we can bring back food for the whole clan."

"Ugh, fine."

Ed smiled. Banza start to lead the way.

"Where are you going, Banza? Leading is my job." Shenzi said, frowning.

Banza continue to walk and sniff the air. "I smell something."

"Something like?"

"Like food!"

Shenzi and Ed sniff too.

"Smells like fresh blood." Said Banza.

Shenzi smiled, "Lead the way, bro."

The three teenagers went after the scent. It led them to a large green bush. Behind it lays half of a wilder beast body. Someone must of hunt and decide to finish eating it later. Banza step up to the prey first, sniffing every part of it. Shenzi notice the deep teeth and bite marks.

"It must be a lion who killed this wilder beast. The claws and teeth marks are pretty big." Shenzi point out.

Banza nodded. "Yeah. But we found it now so it's ours. You and Ed help me carry it quick!"

Shenzi nod. She grab one of the remaining legs in her mouth, while Ed grab the tail. Banza took the wilder beast back which is almost eaten up and the three quickly carry it off.

ROAAAAAR!!!

The three of them pause, dropping the half eaten carcass on the ground.

"I think we're caught." Said Banza, worried.

Ed got scared looking around. Shenzi, who's the only one that acts brave stood in front of her brothers. She let out her claws ready for what ever may jump. A teen male lion jumps out of from the tall grass. He pins Shenzi down. Shenzi scratches his face. The male yell and gets off. Shenzi got up fast and pin him down with all of her strength.

"You three stole my only meal!" He growls.

"Sorry pal, but we have a whole clan to feed. Go hunt something else!" Shenzi growled back.

"I'm the prince!"

Confusion took over Shenzi's face. The teen male sat up shaking his fur. Shenzi stood between her brothers.

"Your the lost Prince from the Pride Lands..." Said Banza, with wide eyes.

Ed bowed. Shenzi and Banza quickly do the same. The teen male smirked.

"Now that's more like it. What are you three doing out this late. Don't you have parents?" The prince ask curiously.

Shenzi nod. "Yeah, but we're hunting for the clan. Our clan have gone months without food and water. When we do find food, it's scraps from old bones the vultures will pick on."

"We found your prey and thought no one wanted it. So we took it and hurry off." Said Banza sitting.

The Prince look the same age as the hyenas, a teenager. His mane is black, but short and still growing. He has some muscles in the arms. Most of his body is long and slim. Shenzi stared at him. It's like she has something on her mind that she's dying to ask him. The Prince can tell and laughs.

"If you have a question, just ask me." He laugh.

"Why are you far away from home?" She ask.

The prince look down at his paws. "It's a long story."

Banza think this is a touchy subject to talk about base on the Prince's expression. So he changes it.

"Your Prince Mufasa?" He ask.

"No. Mufasa is my big brother. My name is Taka, but I rather you call me Scar." The Prince replied, sitting.

Shenzi sat across from him with a nod and smiled. "Oh. Right, right!"

Banza lift a brow, "Well um, Prince Scar. How come your so nice to us? Aren't hyenas and lions suppose to be enemies??"

Scar stood and start circling around the three hyenas. "Correct. But you three are very different. I don't sense danger from you at all. It's my parents you need to fear of."

"But, we're not in Pride Land territory sooooo." Said Shenzi.

Scar picked up his half eaten carcass and drop it in front of Shenzi.

"Here, go ahead and take it. I'll hunt in the morning." He said, smiling.

Banza stared at Scar for awhile then whisper a few things in Shenzi and Ed's ear. The two nod.

"Wow, thank you. What a nice Lion!" Said Banza.

"Yeah, our parents won't believe us when we go back home and tell them." Said Shenzi.

Scar turned around walking away going down a narrow path. "No problem."

Once he was out of sight, the three hyenas pick up the half eaten carcass together and carry it home. Their parents were wrong all along about lions. Not all are bad. Sometimes you have to get to know the person before judging them fast.

When the three arrive home, everyone in the clan is asleep except their father Amadu who's still up guarding the area.

"Father, we're back!" Yelled, Shenzi.

Amadu saw the carcass they're carrying and smiled with surprise. "Wow, I'm impressed."

"A lion gave it to us!" Said Banza.

"Lion?"

"Yeah, a prince!" Shenzi nod.

They drop down the carcass in front of their father and sat down. Amadu frowned.

"What did I tell you three about lions?!" He growl.

Ed got scared. Banza scratch his neck with a small laugh.

"Did I say lion? I mean, a lion almost took our food. But I gave it to Shenzi and we made it away freely!" Said Banza, lying.

Amadu look at them one by one with suspicious eyes. He lean down sniffing the meat.

"Hmmm."

He turn around going inside the giant elephant skull where his wife Makana is sleeping. Banza wipe the sweat from off of his forehead.

"Man, that was close!" He said.

Shenzi frown and slap his face. "Some things you shouldn't say, Banza. We could of all got in trouble. Never will we tell mother and father about the Prince."

Banza and Ed nod.