Cat Fight

Zira

After Scar and I had our conversation about our son's future, I walk back out the cave. I decide to check up on the pride and the whole kingdom to see if things are in perfect order. I am the Pride Lands Queen you know.

The hyenas are all scattered around. Too many of them moved in now and took up most of the pride's space. So the lionesses chose to sleep or hang around some place else. But not too far away where Scar and I can't keep a close eye on them.

I found Sarabi laying on a high gray rock sleep. Sarafina is next to her licking her paws clean. The rest of the lionesses are gossiping. They all stop with their eyes on me, seeing me come forward. I can sense lots of anger and fear from them.

"Hello, ladies!" I greet.

They didn't greet back, just gave stares. One of them made a loud awkward cough. Imbeciles...

I notice Nala and her two friends Tama and Kula aren't present. Where are they I wonder?

"Sarafina, where is your daughter and those two lionesses that always be with her?" I ask.

"To find food. Why?" She calmly reply, not with a smart tone this time.

"Oh. Just asking! You know they shouldn't leave without an hyena escort."

"They're young adults Zira. They don't need escorts. I think they can handle being alone now."

"Hm, I suppose."

I start to walk away making a right turn to the hunting grounds. Maybe Nala and her friends are here? I sniff the air for any scents. They were here 20 minutes ago. I continue my walk through what use to be tall grass following the faded scent.

The scent starts to grow much stronger now. It's leading me out of the hunting grounds to the Pride Lands exit. I use to take this way back home to my old pride. Did they leave the Pride Lands? That's breaking one of the pride's most important rule! No one is allowed to EVER leave. Scar is going to be furious when I tell him this.

Next, my ears twitch. I pause my walking. I hear...laughter...

"Haha, oh Chumvi your so hilarious!"

"I miss you guys so much!"

"Pride Rock has drastically changed over the years..."

I know those voices. It's Nala, Kula, and Tama. Who are they talking to? I lower my body down and crawl quietly up closer to their voices. I squint my red eyes and spot them talking to three, tall, large very muscular young adult male lions. The males facial looks are too familiar. Just can't think of who they are right now.

"We've called you guys to this meeting because, we need you three to help bring down Scar." Said Nala.

What?! Why do they want to get rid of my Scar?

"Let me guess, he's behind all this?" Said the first male.

Tama nods. "Yes."

"Why isn't Sarabi stopping him or Zazu?" The second male asks.

"They're too afraid. Scar has the hyenas living at Pride Rock now. He's controlling them as his dangerous, evil minions." Said Kula. "Sarabi and Zazu rather stay alive. Besides, Scar HATES being told what to do or how to do things. He gets an whole attitude, like gee's relax dude!"

The third male shook his head. He has a small blue bird sitting on his shoulder. "That is awful! Something has to be done fast. Malka, Chumvi, we have to help."

Malka and Chumvi?! I knew those furry faces look familiar! The one with the bird has to be Tojo. They were exiled years ago in the middle of their teen hood. Only two males can be in a lion pride. The rest have to leave and start out their own.

"I don't know Tojo. We were exiled for a reason. I rather not get into any trouble or risk our lives." Said Malka.

Chumvi nods. Tojo roll his eyes at them and step inside the Pride Lands territory. He stood between Tama and Nala.

"Fine, I'll go alone then. These are my friends. They need me more than anything. I will fight!"

Tojo's face shows nothing but seriousness. Nala smiles at him, liking the idea of her old childhood friend joining their team to stop Scar. I can't let this go on. This has to stop! I must go tell Scar. Nala and the others will be punished.

I turn around running back to Pride Rock.

********

"They what?!"

Scar roars furiously.

"I spied on them and heard every single word. Nala and her friends want Chumvi, Tojo, and Malka to help take you down from the throne." I say, sitting.

"Where are they?!"

"Last time I saw them they were at the borders."

Scar growls. "Bring them back to me, NOW! I'll show them who's really a mad evil King."

I nod without a word walking down Pride Rock to locate Nala, Tama, and Kula.

"They're alive?!" I hear a lioness question with surprise.

"Yes. They're going to help us get rid of Scar." Says Nala.

"What about the hyenas? Its too many of them. They'll get injured or die." Said Sarabi.

"They'll have to be trained." Said a strong, accent voice. I easily knew it was Rafiki.

"Then train them." Said Kula. "I know you know how or something."

Tama shook her head. "Kula, training takes time."

I run with a loud roar interrupting their conversation. Everyone jump by the sudden sound.

"Zira, what's wrong?" Asks a lioness.

"Your all traitors! How dare you plan to get rid of your King!!"

Nala walks up to me with a frown. "Because we are tired of living this way. Too many cubs have lost their lives thanks to the hyenas. Including my brother..."

Nala had a young brother name "Mheetu". Some say he got kidnap or one of the hyenas here had killed him. No one really know what happened. Every since his disappearance, Sarafina and the rest changed. They turned their backs on me and Scar clearly. They think we have something to do with Mheetu. That is not true! Why would I kill a cub?

"Scar and I have nothing to do with Mheetu's disappearance. It is not our fault that your mother didn't pay close attention to him allowing him to be alone.''

"How dare you talk about my mother's parenting!"

Nala roar furiously. I snarl showing out my claws. This might turn out to be an deadly fight.