The Replacement

AUTHOR'S NOTE: The picture above is Zira holding baby Nuka. Isn't he adorable?! <33333333 I give claps to who ever drew this :D You may enjoy reading chapter 68 ^__^

Xoxo,

Skyy15<3
----------------------------------------------------
Sarabi

A month later...

It's been a month now since Scar became the new King. The Pride Lands once beautiful bright features is slowly fading away. Darkness has took over. The sun continues to hide behind the dark grey clouds, which use to be full of white and fluffy.

The hyenas are catching way too much prey in one day. If they keep this up, we won't have any food left. The herds will leave for their safety and never come back. We'll all then die from starvation.

The whole pride agrees for me to go talk to Scar, so I climbed up Pride Rock and walk  to the cave that use to be for the whole pride to rest in. Now it's taken over by Scar and Zira. No one is allowed to go in but them.

I pause in front of the cave before barging in. "Scar?"

A female spotted hyena with a large bang steps out. "Scar isn't here right now. He went to go patrol the land with Zazu. You have to wait until he returns. My name is Shenzi, I can take the message."

"Oh, well um, that's alright miss Shenzi. I'll go and come back later."

I turn around walking down Pride Rock but stopped halfway. I heard a sound, my ears twitched.

Mew, Mew, Mew!!!

"A cub?" I question out loud.

"The baby is finally here!" Shenzi yells excitedly. "Someone fetch Scar!"

Zira just gave birth?

I rush down Pride Rock running to the back where me and the lionesses now rest or hang out. Sarafina is laying down on a high rock napping while Nala is busy playing with the other cubs.

"Saffy, wake up!"

Sarafina open her eyes with a yawn. "Huh? What??"

"Zira just gave birth!" I said.

"And I suppose to care because...?"

"Because we need to know if it's a girl or boy." Said a lioness. "It'll determine our future."

I nod. "Exactly. So let's go see!"

"We can't." Said another lioness.

"And why not?"

"Athena is about to give birth to her own Cub right now!" Said a third lioness, who's sitting next to a large pregnant Athena.

Athena is laying down on her side. She roars with pain and squeeze her eyes shut.

"We need Rafiki!" Said a fourth lioness.

"No, it'll take a while to walk to his tree and come back. Sarafina and I will help." I suggest.

Sarafina nods.

All the lionesses back off. Some stayed though. They were too anxious to see. Nala and the other cubs were told to play some place else. The scene may be too much for them.

"That's it Athena breathe. Remember, inhale exhale darling." I say.

Sarafina beams. "Oh look, there's one!"

Mew mew!

"And another!" Sarafina counted. "Two small beautiful cubs."

I pick up the newborns gently and sat them next to Athena so they can breast feed and be warm. Athena breaths heavily.

"What...are...the genders?" She ask.

I smile. "One boy, one girl."

The lionesses all cooed and made sweet comments welcoming our two newest members.

"What are you going to name them?" Sarafina asks.

Athena blinks her eyes tiredly. "Hmm."  After a moment of thinking she smiled,  "I'll name them Rilan and Kimbella!"

All the lionesses nod liking the names.

"Rilan sure is a little dark fellow." I say, staring down at him. He's busy breast feeding while Kimbella sleeps.

Athena chuckles. "He has his daddy's chocolate color."

"Wow. So unique!" Sarafina says, who looks very amazed.

"Scar would like the whole pride to come meet his cub now!" Shenzi announced.

The lionesses follow the hyena up Pride Rock. Athena remain laying down. She's too tired and weak to move. She just gave birth for crying out loud!

"Ill stay here with you Athena." Said Sarafina.

"No, go ahead. I'll be okay!" She said.

"You sure?" I ask.

"Yeah, both of you go."

Sarafina led the way up pride rock. I follow behind hoping the cub isn't a boy. We walk side by side inside the cave. The lionesses surround Zira and Scar in a huge circle. Sarafina and I squeeze our way in.

"This is my son Nuka, your new Prince." Said Scar proudly.

"That little thing is going to be King? Puh!" Sarafina frowned. She might of had said her sentence too loud cause Zira glared at her with a snarl.

Luckily Scar didn't hear though. He was too busy staring down at his son, who's laying inside Zira's warm arms.

"Your majesty, your sister Athena had also just gave birth too." Said a lioness.

"Athena?" Scar questioned.

I nod. "Yes, one boy and one girl."

"Hm. Interesting..."

Zira smiled at Scar. "Seems like Nuka will already have friends to play with."

"I don't know about this cub, Sarabi." Sarafina had whispered.

"What do you mean, Saffy?" I whisper back.

"He's going to grow up just like Scar that's what!"

"We don't know that for sure. The cub is still very young. Only time will tell."

Sarafina roll her eyes. "I guess."

Only time will tell...