She's Here!

*Sarabi's POV*

I sat on top of Pride Rock waiting for Mufasa's return. He went on afternoon patrol with his father and Zazu.

"Sarabi!!"

A voice called my name. I turn around seeing my best friend Sarafina. She's walking up the rocky steps. Her face expression shows seriousness and worry.

"Saffy?"

"Sarabi! I've come with bad news."

"What may be the problem?"

Sarafina sits in front of me. Her eyes are red, which mean she has been crying a lot. "Makaio is gone."

I gasp, "What?!"

"It's been two days. He hasn't returned! I've been searching two whole days Sarabi without food, water, or sleep. A few moments ago I had caught a hare. It'll last me for a couple of hours."

"Oh Sarafina, a hare won't last you at all. You need more food in your system. Your carrying a child for goodness sakes! I'll send the hunting party to go hunt for you."

Sarafina nod with a half smile. "Thank you, my friend."

I hug Sarafina then walk inside the cave. I see Dawn, one of Athena's friends. She's busy grooming her face and paws.

"Sorry to interrupt Dawn, but can you and the hunting party go hunt my best friend Sarafina something to eat? She's fully pregnant and lost her mate. I'll give you all something in return!"

Dawn got up on her paws smiling. "Sure! Anything for the future Queen and her friend. A friend of the Queen is a friend of ours."

I smile back giving her a hug. "Thank you."

"By the way, you don't have to owe us anything!"

With that, Dawn exit out the cave. She went to go inform and gather up the hunting party. Sarafina came inside.

"What did they say?" She ask.

"Dawn doesn't mind at all. She's going to tell the hunting party now. Every since Athena had left the Pride Lands, Dawn took over as leader of the group." I said.

"Cool! This Dawn lioness sounds nice."

"She is! Very sweet too. I'll have you to meet her when she comes back."

Sarafina nod. She laid down with her head over her front paws. I feel so bad for Saffy. She's now alone. I wonder if she's going to stay in the Shimmer Pride. If not, she can join Pride Rock! I'm sure Ahadi or Mufasa wouldn't mind. Sarafina won't cause any trouble.

"Sarabi?"

I walk out of the cave seeing Mufasa and Ahadi.

"Ah, your finally back!"

I rub my face against Mufasa's. He purr licking my nose. Ahadi stood in the back ground smiling with Zazu on his shoulder. I thought about Sarafina.

"Muffy, there's something I need to tell you and your father."

Ahadi step up standing beside Mufasa. "What is it Sarabi?"

"Sarafina is laying down in the cave. She came with bad news. Makaio, her mate hasn't return home in two days. She's been worried sick! Sarafina hasn't eat, drink, or sleep in two whole days. She was busy searching, hoping to find any sign that her mate is alive."