Pay Back

*Zira's POV*

Afternoon...

"Come on Nemsi, knock it off!" Saada growl irritated.

Nemsi as always is trying to scare his sister Saada with a dead mouse he had caught himself for lunch. He held the mouse by its tail swinging it back and forth in front of Saada's face.

I roll my eyes, "Nemsi, quit bugging your sister."

"Cry baby." Nemsi mumbled.

Saada stuck her tongue at him then turn around going back to her nap. Nemsi ate his mouse. I shook my head. They're teens still behaving like cubs. When will they grow up?

I stand with a stretch. I exit out the den to get a drink of water from the river. When I arrive there, I see Taka on the other side.

"Scar?"

"Zira? Oh, right on time!"

Taka swam across. What is he doing here? Every since we had that argument about me telling his father that he's alive, Taka and I haven't spoke. I had to tell the truth somehow. I couldn't take the lies anymore!

"What are you doing here? I thought we weren't friends anymore??" I frown.

Taka step out of the water shaking out his fur and mane. Some of the water fell on me. I shook it off.

"Of course we are still friends, silly. I told you many times Zira that I need you." He smiled, sitting.

I roll my eyes, "Yeah, sure. What do you want?"

"Sarafina came to the Pride Lands."

"Your ex-crush? The one I dislike till this day??"

"Yeah, her. She came to visit everyone. My sister Athena brought her to my den. We talked for a few minutes. Sarafina told me she's now married and pregnant!"

"Pregnant?!"

Taka nodded.

"To who?" I ask shocked.

"Some guy from her and Sarabi's birth pride. But I did something terrible..."

"Which was?"

"I almost hit Sarafina across the face..."

The inside of me wanted to jump and scream "Yes, yes, yes!!" But the outside showed fake anger.

"Scar, how dare you! Sarafina has an unborn cub inside of her. Have you lost your mind?" I say.

Scar look down sadly at his paws. "I don't know what came over me."

"You love her."

"What?"

"You still love Sarafina. Don't you?"

Taka nodded. "Yeah, but it doesn't matter anymore. She's married and now expecting his cub. I'm going to be a loner forever!"

I hug him. "No your not, don't say that Scar. You'll find the perfect lioness who will appreciate you someday."

"Thanks, Zira."

"How about we get revenge on her? You know, make her sad or angry in some kind of way."

Taka raise a brow. "What are you saying?"

I smiled evilly. "Let's make her pay!"

"How?"

"Kill the unborn cub or kill her husband."

Taka gasp putting a paw over his chest. "Zira!"

I look confused. "What?"

"That's brilliant!"

"Which one do you prefer? The Sarafina's cub or her husband??"

Taka smiled evilly. "Her husband. I want her to feel the pain I've felt over the years."

I nod. "I'll gladly help you, Scar. But wouldn't the cub become a threat since it's his too?"

"Yeah, but I can't kill a cub Zira. I have a soft spot for them."

"Fine. We'll kill the husband!"

"When?"

"Tonight or early morning next day."

Taka got up rubbing his tail underneath my furry chin. He smiled, "Thank you for the great idea. Meet me in the Pride Lands in front of Pride Rock. Tomorrow morning we'll begin!"

I blush then nod my head. Taka left swimming back across the river. Before he ran off, I wave my paw at him.

The plan is in motion. Finally I get my sweet revenge on Sarafina!