Hardest Good Bye

*Zira's POV*

Flash back...

"Where's Sarabi?" I ask, rushing up Pride Rock.

One of the pride lionesses point me to the direction of the cave. I nod and ran inside.

"Sarabi?"

"Zira? Is that you my friend??" A voice question.

I nod, recognizing Sarabi's tone and smiled. "Yes, it is!"

As I walk deep inside the cave, I spot Sarafina. I growl under my breath. She didn't hear me. Sarafina gave me a hug.

"So nice to see you again, Zira. It's been too long!" She said.

I roll my eyes. "Yeah, yeah."

I walk pass Sarafina rudely. There against the cave wall, Sarabi lays with a brownish-gold cub in her arms. I step up closer.

"Oh Sarabi, you've done well!" I smile.

Sarabi chuckled, "Thank you."

"Girl or boy?"

"Boy. His name is Simba!"

"Prince Simba, eh? Cool!" I nod.

I watch Sarabi lick Simba's tiny head.

"Simba's ceremony will be tomorrow, right?" Sarafina asks.

Sarabi shook her head. "Nope. Rafiki said give it a week. He wants to do it when Simba's eyes are open."

I look confused. "Why?"

"I don't know. He's been the Sherman for a while now. I'll follow his words."

Sarafina start walking to the cave's exit. "I'll be back. Nala is probably dying to meet Simba right now!"

Sarabi laughed, "We'll be here waiting."

With that Sarafina left. It's now only me, Sarabi, and adorable baby Simba in the cave.

"Do you know where Scar may be?" I ask.

"Probably in his private den." She answered.

"I'm going to go pay him a visit. Be back later!"

"Good. Scar has been more and more distant from the pride lately. Maybe if he sees you, he'll lighten up and come close."

I got up and exit out the cave.
***********
"Scar?" I call.

I'm standing out patiently in front of Scar's den. Is he even home? I wonder.

"What is it?!" A grumpy voice snaps.

"It's me, Zira!"

"Zira?"

Scar walks out of the den. He looks shocked. "What are you doing here in the Pride Lands?"

I smile. "To meet Mufasa and Sarabi's cub. I heard the news from vultures. You know they always gossip! After that I decide to come pay you a visit before I return home."

"Wait, the cub is born?!"

"Yeah. You didn't know?"

Scar shook his head. "No, I was asleep."

I laugh, "Oh Scar!"

"Boy or girl?"

"Boy. His name is Simba!"

Scar angrily roar, "NO!!"