Bad Surprise

*Makaio's POV*

Next day, early morning...

I walk out of me and Sarafina's den with a long stretch. Sarafina is still asleep. I decide to go hunt breakfast for us both. Yesterday in the Pride Lands was crazy. I'm never returning there again I don't care what Sarafina says.

That Mufasa guy I dislike. Why? Because, he's married to my child hood crush Sarabi! I still have some left over feelings for her. It just isn't fair that she's forced to marry a Prince. If she was here back home, Sarabi and I would married with tiny cubs crawling around.

Sarafina is gorgeous though. I'm bless to really have her in my life. With out her I'll be alone. The thought of her pregnant with my cub makes me smile like an idiot.

But my smile fade when I think about that lion who tried to attack Sarafina. You must be stupid to try and hit a lioness. Not just that, a pregnant one! Trust me if Sarafina or the cub was hurt, that lion wouldn't of been alive. His neck would be in my jaws, him begging for mercy.

That son of a...

"Grrrrrr!!!"

I stop walking through the plains. My ears move like a radar in each direction picking up sounds.

What was that?

Out of now where a tan-grey fur, red color eyes lioness jumped. She tackled me down. I roar tossing her off with my back legs.

The lioness fell on her side. She got up shaking dirt from off of her pelt. I notice she has a dark stripe going down the center of her head. Her right ear is bitten half off. Who is this lioness and why did she attack me?

"Who are you?" I ask.

"A friend of someone." She replied.

A rustle sound came from behind. I turn seeing that lion I had fought yesterday. I growl at him.

"What are you doing here? This is not the Pride Lands!"

The black mane lion circled me around with a chuckle. "Why the attitude? I've only come to visit."

I growl louder. "We don't accept visits here. Now get out and take your lioness with you."

"That's not very nice." The lioness pout. "How about we teach this guy a lesson, Scar?"

The lion nod. He took his right paw and swipe my nose fast.

"Ahhh!"

The lioness joined and sunk her teeth on my left arm. I jump screaming again. I snarl and decide to fight back by knocking her with my heavy large paw. It sent her flying to a tree. The lion pounce on my back biting on my neck.

I shook him off then sprint away. These guys are trying to kill me! I don't know if I'll make it.

"Roaaaar!!!"

I look over my shoulder seeing the two chase after me. They're pretty close and fast. I won't let them get a hold of me! It's either run or be killed. I'm out numbered to fight.

Not paying any attention, I trip over a log falling straight on my face. I cough while standing up slowly. I hear loud laughter.

The black mane lion and the tan-grey fur lioness surround me. There's no escape now.

Sarafina, I love you. Take care of our Nala or Mheetu for me. We'll meet again someday...

The lioness pinned down my head. The male lion enter his strong jaws on my throat. This is the end...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Mufasa's POV*

Pride Rock...

"No, she couldn't have!" I heard someone yell.

I open my eyes with a yawn. I see my father apparently arguing with a female cheetah.

"I am so sorry your majesty, but I swear that I've see your daughter out sun rise with a male lion leaving the Pride Lands!" She calmly spoke.

Father roared with anger. He rush out the cave. The female cheetah looks frightened. Father's roar woke up the whole pride. Sarabi, who was sleeping peaceful next to me sat half way up.

"What's going on?" She yawned.

"My father is angry."

"Why?"

"A female cheetah came to Pride Rock saying that Athena has left the Pride Lands with a male lion."

Sarabi gasp. "Oh no. What was she thinking?!"

I got up walking out of the cave, "Im going to suggest to my father to sent out a scout to find her."

Sarabi nod. She's right, what was my sister thinking? Every since mother passed away everyone has been acting nuts lately. First with Scar now Athena.

"Father, I suggest we send out a scout to go sniff up Athena's scent and go find her."

Father is standing on top of Pride Rock pacing back and and forth. "She's so stubborn. I told her clearly not to go! If something happens to her, your mother will be so disappointed in me."

I sat down sighing. I remember my father promising to my mother at the funeral that he'll watch over me, Scar, and Athena for her. He thinks he failed. It's not his fault!

"Father, it's not your fault. We all know Athena can be hard headed at times. She always has been. Give her time, maybe she'll come back." I said. "Where ever she is, she can't be far right?"

Father stopped pacing back and forth. He stare down at her paws. "I guess, son."

"I'll ask Zazu to go inform the scout."

"Okay."

I start walking down the rocky steps.

"Mufasa?"

I stop, "Yes, father?"

"Your going to be a great King." He smiled.

"Thank you."

I return the smile then continue my walk down the rocky steps into the tall grasses. I'm on my way to Zazu and Zuzu's tree.