Great Kings

Sarafina

Night...

It is now night time. Everyone except Zira and Scar follow Rafiki to the very top of Pride Rock. We're about to call the Great Kings and ask them to send our prayers to my daughter Nala. I don't know how this will work, but Rafiki surely knows what he is doing.

I constantly shake with worry. Sarabi sits next to me and place a paw on top of my own. She gives me a comforting smile. I nod then turn my head back to Rafiki who's now waving his stick in the air slowly back and forth. He's talking loudly in Swahili.

"Loo Mkuu Wafalme, lazima wewe kujibu wito wetu." Rafiki says. "Nala ameacha na hatujui iweje uongo mbele. Tafadhali, kutuma yake upendo wetu na maombi. Kulinda yake kwa roho na macho yako. Kuongoza yake kwa popote yeye ni kwenda. Thank you."

"What did he say?" I whisper to Sarabi.

Sarabi chuckles. "I thought you knew Swahili?"

"My parents yes, but not me. I never wanted to learn."

"Oh Sarafina."

Sarabi shook her head with another chuckle.

I roll my eyes, "Just tell me what Rafiki had said."

"Okay, okay gee's! He said Oh Great Kings, must you respond to our call. Nala has gone and we do not know what may lie ahead. Please, send her our love and prayers. Protect it with spirit and your eyes. Leading her to wherever she is going. Thank you."

I look up at the night sky. "I hope they're listening..."

Rafiki turns around and walk up to me. He sits down his stick and grabs both sides of my face, pulling me closer to him. He rests his forehead on my own and close his eyes.

"Nala will be under the Great Kings watchful eyes. They say when she returns, she will bring back something good, powerful, and mighty." He said.

"That's exactly what the had winds told you earlier, Sarabi!" I smile with surprise.

Sarabi nods.

I turn back to Rafiki. "Did the Great Kings say what it is?"

Rafiki shook his head. "No. We have to be patient, wait, and see. Nala will be fine Sarafina. No worries! Now get some rest, all of you."

Sarabi hug the baboon. "Thanks for coming."

Rafiki hug her back then left. "No problem, your highness."

I smile at the fact that Rafiki still call Sarabi a Queen. Sarabi watch him go then lay down going fast to sleep. I lay beside her staring up at the stars.

Great Kings, watch over my daughter...

Make sure she makes it to her destination safe...