Associates?

*Athena's POV*

I walk out of the den and stretched. I see father sitting down on Pride Rock's ledge talking to Sarabi. They don't see me so I stand quiet ease dropping their conversation.

"Zira seems serious, Sarabi. Maybe my son is still alive." Said father.

Taka?

"We'll just have to see when she returns. I hope Muffy is alright. I stayed up all night with no rest waiting on him." Said Sarabi.

No wonder she wasn't present in the den last night!

"Oh Sarabi, go in the den and rest. I'll go look for my son."

"Okay."

Sarabi got up and turn around coming straight towards the den. My father walked down Pride Rock entering the tall plains.

I walk backwards in the den hoping not to be seen but it was too late.

Sarabi ran up with a smile. "Athena!"

She tackle me down with laughter. I gasp falling on my back.

"Oh uh, hey there Sarabi." I greet.

"Ha, your even talking!"

"I'm going to go hunt on my own. Tell the huntresses that for me."

I push Sarabi off me and got up walking out the den and down Pride Rock. She watch me confused but nod her head. I didn't feel like being bothered at all today. I'm still hurt after finding out yesterday that my mother is now dead.

I walk through the plains with a sad sigh looking up at the morning sky. The wind blew against my face with leaves circling. I close my eyes taking it all in.

Is this you mother?

The winds stopped. I open back my eyes. Up ahead between two large trees stand a herd of buffalo. Some are eating grass. I crouch low my belly touching the soft green grass and growled.

Before I was about to pounce, a loud twig snapped.

What?

The herd scattered away. A loud roar startle me. My ears are pointing straight up full alarmed. This roar is different. It's not from here.

"Your not going away from me this time!" Yelled a deep voice. The tone has an accent.

I turn my head to the left where I hear the voice. It's a male lion. He has dark chocolate fur. His mane is grown with the front part falling over his eyes making it impossible for me to see them. The color of his mane and nose is black. The patch of hair on his tail is white. Odd? I know.

But he's scaring off my breakfast!

I growl running behind him and the herd of buffalos. The male had came to an sudden stop. I scream trying to stop but I slide crashing into him. The male falls over with me on top. Both of our noses touch.

He cleared his throat. I quickly got off. I took my paw wiping dirt from off of my fur.

"Why did you crash into me like that?!" He frown.

I frown back. "I wouldn't have if you didn't stop like that. Besides, your in the wrong hunting grounds. My pride own this area. I suggest you leave at once or you'll be dealing with the King, my father!" I end the last sentence with a growl letting my nails stick out from my paws.

The male sat down with a chuckle. "Oh, I remember you Princess."

"Who are you?"