Pride's New Leader

Dalila

Rewinding...

"If I go back..." He continues, "Everyone will see me as a killer. My mother would go insane..."

"I see. But what about your uncle. He'll continue to starve your pride and bring more danger with the hyenas. Something has to be stopped Simba."

Simba sniffs then frown. "Nala is highly intelligent. I'm sure she will think of something. I'm not going back and that's final!"

I smile. "Good. Now we can be together."

"Huh?"

I stand up and rub my tail underneath Simba's chin. "I said, now we can be together. We can start our own pride in the jungle."

Simba shook his head. "Dalila I can't-"

I put my paw on his mouth. "Ssshhh. Follow me!"

I continue to smile leading Simba further away in the fields where no one will find us.

I got him where I want him...

The next day...

I woke up finding myself laying in a hammock of hanging vines alone. What exactly happened last night?

"Simba?" I call.

I sat up and shrug. Maybe he went to go bring us food or get a nice drink of water from the river. I yawn then leap down from the hammock stretching out my furry body. I was about to go look for Simba until a lioness zoomed right pass me.

I almost fell over into the bushes and frowned. "Hey, watch where ya going!"

The lioness continue running but look over her right shoulder. "Sorry!"

Wait, she look familiar...

"Nala?" I question in a silent whisper.

Nala!

"Nala!" I call.

Maybe she know where Simba is or at least saw him...

I run and catch up to her side. "Nala, wait!"

She raise a brow. "How do you know my name?"

"Your Simba's best friend. I'm Dalila!"

Nala stopped running and so did I. We stand across from each other.

"Oh, yeah, I know you. He only mentioned so little though." She said.

"Have you seen Simba any where around here?" I ask.

She shook her head but smiled big. "Nope. An old baboon had told me he left the jungle to go back to his pride and claim his place as the rightful King. I'm going there now to help!"

What?!

"Oh..."

"No time to talk. Thanks for being a great friend to him. Bye!"

With that, Nala had ran off to the jungle's exit which led straight to the hot sandy desert. I stood there confused.

But Simba told me something different last night...

He said he wasn't going back to his pride and that's final...

He was going to continue to stay here with me and start off our very own pride...

He lied!

I growl loudly with anger and turn around running the opposite direction from Nala.

I've been heart broken again...

What a fool!

Fast forwarding to current time...

It's been a week now since Simba has left and also since my grandpa had died. I am now the pride's new leader. Being a leader takes a lot of strong responsibility.

I've been training though, I know I can do it. I will NOT let my grandpa down. Not even my unborn child. Yesterday I found out from Tambo's mother that I'm expecting a little one soon.

Trust me, I am shock as you are. I had a lot of mood swings and get tired a lot. Those are of course signs of pregnancy. Food cravings is the only thing that haven't started yet. Everyone is dying to know who the father is.

"Oh come on Dalila, just tell us who's the father. Is it someone we know?" Tambo's mother asks.

I bite on my button lip nervously. "Uh..."

The other three pride lionesses gather up close with anxious smiles.

Should I tell them or should I not?

I mean, they deserve to know right?

This cub is the future...the next future leader of the pride.

They deserve to know.

"It's...it's Simba's."

Everyone gasp.

I knew this would happen...

"The one that left to go back to his pride?" Asks one of the lionesses.

I nod.

Tambo's mother shook her head. "I should of known..."

I cover my eyes with my paws hiding the embarrassment. Tambo's mother sigh and took my paws off my face.

"So your keeping it?"

"I mean, yeah. Why would I not?"

She look down. "It take two to take care of a cub. Being a single parent isn't easy. Trust me, I've done with Tambo as I you know..."

I nod. "I know. But I think I can handle it. If I need help, I'll ask one of you guys."

The lionesses agree nodding there heads. I knew they wouldn't mind. But Tambo on the other hand didn't nod. She still looked unsure.

"Your young, your going to need experience. I'll teach you!" She said.

"Okay."

"The cub is going to have no idea that he or she father is a King."

"And I'll like it to stay. No one ever mention it while my son or daughter is growing up. All it needs is me in it's life. It's mother..."

Everyone nod not saying a word. I lay on my side staring down at my small belly which will grow very large.

A little girl or boy is in there...

The thought of becoming a first time mother made me smile...

I got to think of names soon...