Bubble tea date... Its not a date! (hunhan)

~Sehun~

"Hyung, stop fussing" I whine while slapping Tao's ever persistent hands away from my shirt collar.

Tao shoots me a death glare and ignores my protests, slapping my hands back and inserting dominance over the shirt. I easily let him have it, used to giving power to my overbearing mother of a best friend. "We have to make you look good for your first date. Stop fidgeting."

I roll my eyes and push down the want to stomp my foot, knowing it'll only add fuel to his fire for treating me like a child. "It's not a date." I mumble pathetically, unable to push down the hope in my voice.

"Two grown ass men, going to a café to talk and get to know one another... sounds like a date to me." Tao points out with his own particular brand of sass.

A sigh releases from my lips, avoiding Tao's heavy gaze when it lands on me instead of the structure of my shirt collar. "Luhan made it clear that this wasn't a date."

Tao blinks steadily, staring deep into my eyes like he's viewing a piece of my soul, and knowing him, he probably is. "Don't let this boy hurt you, Hunnie. I've taught you better than this. You've been through so much. As your best friend I've always been beside you, and I will always be beside you if you need me, but please... please don't set yourself up for heartbreak. I don't want to have to pick my little brother up off the floor again."

"You can't protect me from everything, Hyung." I say softly, knowing he's speaking truth from his heart right now and is trusting me to listen to his feelings and concerns.

"Watch me. I will wrap your ass in bubble tape, Oh Sehun." Tao says in a sassier tone and I know he's stuffed his emotions back down.

I reach out and grab Tao's hands still attached to my shirt and squeeze them in the palms of my own. "Have you ever watched a bad storm and thought that it was so beautiful it became mesmerizing? Even though you know in the back of your mind that it's getting rough and you should go inside, you can't look away... can't bring yourself to leave even when it isn't safe? In that moment, you kind of feel that you wouldn't mind being destroyed by something so completely entrancing... that you just kind of accept your fate."

My best friends face is a mixture of understanding and concern when I finally focus back on him. "But you always decide at the last minute to go back inside, Sehun. Please, Hunnie.... If the storm gets too bad, then go back to where it's safe."

I regard the man who is basically the only family I have in my life and take his words into my heart, understanding that I might be standing in front of the calm before the storm.

>>>>

~Luhan~

I can't believe I actually agreed to this. All of the energy I spent trying to keep away from this boy, to keep this boy away from me, completely ruined just because the kid managed to find my weakness for puppy eyes and coffee. I had everything under control, I could actually see him giving up, but one moment of weakness and I was actually agreeing to be the brats friend.

So here I am, sitting across the table from enemy number one, silently and a bit awkwardly sipping at our coffee's. (well, Sehun got a bubble tea... I think he might be an actual child.) It's not fair either that the kid looks ridiculously good in his light blue dress shirt and overly tight black dress pants, which accentuates all of his... curves. (Like seriously, he must pad his ass, there's no way that an ass like this is natural.) I feel so underdressed and under matched sitting across from this model like boy, who I swear just walked out of a Louis Vuitton photo shoot.

I shift in my seat and clear my throat, needing to at least make small talk. I hate silence more than anything, having experienced too much of it in my lifetime.