You are my Person (Baekyeol)

~Baekhyun~

Panic seizes my body. I feel like a helpless deer caught in a truck's headlights. All i can do is stare at the doorway as i hear the heavy clinking of designer boots ascending the stairs. My fight or flight instincts are kicking in, but neither are a viable response. If i run my mom would hunt me down. If i try to fight my mom would destroy me. I bet he can even smell my fear.

My mom's perfectly waxed and detailed face comes into view all too quickly and dread settles into my bones.

"Byun Baekhyun." He growls with perfectly shaped eyebrows pointed together.

My hand tightens around the toothbrush in my hand as i wait for the man to kill me. Somehow i always knew it would be by his hand.

Suddenly, my view to my mother is blocked and the spell is broken. I shoot up from the ground only to find Chanyeol is now standing in between me and the man who desires my death.

"Mom, what a surprise. I didn't know you were coming. It's so great to see you." Chanyeol says, his customer service voice he uses at the cafe to woo the helicopter moms that come to campus and the freshmen that walk around campus like skittish bunnies.

The instantaneous change of tone in my mom's voice makes me roll my eyes. "Chanyeol, dear. It's nice to see you too."

Chanyeol chuckles politely and i nearly feel the need to release the breakfast Yeol made me onto the freshly cleaned floor. "What brings you here so early on a saturday?"

My mom sighs in clear frustration, "Chanyeol, you know exactly why i'm here." My mom says but i can tell he's lost a great deal of his fire.

My heart abruptly squeezes and a warmth blooms in my chest. So Yeol's been doing this my whole life? I never noticed or payed attention because maybe i had become accustomed and just grew up thinking this is how it goes. But in truth, Yeol's always protected me. He's always been my guardian angel, even when i was hurting him and he got the consequences of my stupidity. Chanyeol's always been here.

I step forward without thinking and wrap my arms around my boyfriend's middle and press my cheek between his shoulder blades, holding him tight.

"Bab- Baek?" Yeol stutters out trying terribly to hide the endearment.

I take a deep breath and step away from Chanyeol and peek around him to look at my mom who is now smiling, giving us a soft expression. His eyes meet mine and he just shakes his head while rolling his eyes.

"I'm sorry i didn't tell you. We just kind of got wrapped up in each other and we wanted some time to get over the newness before we made it a big deal." I explain.

My mom huffs out a breath and nods, then crosses his arms and looks away. "I'm a little hurt that i wasn't the first one you told, but i respect your reason. Still, i've been waiting for you two to stop being idiots and admit something i knew since you discovered what hormones were for a long time. You could have at least called and explained."

"You and dad aren't exactly calm and chill people. Don't tell me you two wouldn't have made a big deal about it." I scoff at my mother who's the incantation of drama.

My mom fixes me with a look and i finally do see a bit of hurt residing there. My mom and i have always been close and I've never hid anything from him. Guilt pulls at my tummy and i sigh.