Jealousy's a bitch and alcohol's a whore (Sulay) {party}

~Yixing~

It's Thursday. Our usual day and time. It damn near feels normal. I was thoroughly taken aback when Junmyeon called and asked for his second date. I had thought in light of last weekend, he'd forget all about that stupid agreement. And yet, here i am. Sitting at our normal table in the street stall, eating chicken and drinking beer.

"I'm not going to lie, i was a little surprised that you came." Junmyeon says, a glimmer of amusement playing dangerously in his eyes.

I was always curious as to why the flicker of challenge behind his gazes always captured me so fully; why there was always something so familiar in the way he held himself. He breaths dominance. Control. Junmyeon is a dominant through and through, and i have no idea how i didn't pick up on it.

"I decided to give you a chance to prove me wrong." I explain.

We both seem to be playing a game of chicken. Who's going to talk first. Does he think Kyungsoo told me? Does he think i know? I get the sense that he knows that i know something, but what is another matter. And what does he know about me? Did he see me at the expo, or is Kyungsoo right that my identity was concealed? Does he know the truth? Could he handle that truth?

"Have you talked to Kyungsoo recently?" Junmyeon asks, attempting nonchalance.

I shrug uncommitted and take a sip of my beer. "Off and on. We do live in the same house. Why do you ask?"

His jaw seems to tense for a second, his composer breaking a little. Honestly it gives me a little satisfaction watching that tightly held control crack. "We ah, recently ran into each other at an event, and he just kind of caught my attention is all."

"I see. So you're planning on ditching me for him? So soon? I just started giving you a chance. Is that the type of guy you are, Junmyeon?"

Junmyeon looks taken aback for a moment, until he notices the teasing glint in my eyes. "Oh." he says, with a light chuckle, realizing i'm joking. "No, he's not exactly my type... i feel like we'd clash too much."

I nod and nibble on a piece of chicken. "Of course, you two are the dominant types. You'd probably end up fighting more than anything."

Watching Junmyeon choke on his drink was amusing enough, but then witnessing his expression as he seems to grasp at any sort of composure is just too satisfying for me. For months Junmyeon's had the upper hand. Always in control, using his power over me to get what he wants, but now i have a bit of my own leverage and it's so sweet.

"And you?" Junmyeon asks, his eyes flashing to mine quickly before falling back to his plate. "Would we...clash?"

The smirk that tugs at my lips can't be helped, a strange confidence filling me that i usually only achieve on stage. "Are you asking if i am a dominate or submissive, Junmyeon?"

When Junmyeon's eyes widen to the size of our plates, i know I've won a small battle. There's the man behind the carefully placed mask. I saw a glimpse of him at the expo. He was relaxed, free even. It seems like Junmyeon carries around way too much weight on his shoulder all the time. He feels that he always has to live up to something grander than anything he could possibly be, but in reality Junmyeon in just a lost kid, who's never been able to live his life honestly.

For some reason, Junmyeon doesn't make me as nervous as he used to. Maybe it's finding out the truth and i feel a bit more at ease that he's the same, or maybe it's that idea that Junmyeon isn't so unbelievably untouchable. Behind the name, behind the power and money, is just a person who wants an escape. We all want an escape; a safe place to let go of all the shit pushing us down. Junmyeon is more like me than i realized and that's oddly humbling.