Not as drunk as i should be (Baekyeol) {party}

~Baekhyun~

The sun is high in the sky when i finally leave the house. I seriously hate weekend's. Especially Friday's, because it's the only time i really 'have' to go to class and it usually marks the beginning of my work week. Though, my dad surprised my mom with a weekend out of town, so he just went ahead and closed the club this weekend.

Which i guess is why Kris thought it was a good idea to throw a fucking party. I'm kind of indifferent to the whole thing. I'm not sure if i want to hide away in my room, or attempt some sort of social interaction. Maybe i could steal Jongin away from the party and...

"Byun" the professor calls as I enter the lab, stopping me in my tracks as well as mid thought.

I turn slowly, curious as to why my teacher, (who usually reserves this period for his daily nap) is calling for me.

"Yes?" I ask, annunciating each letter individually.

"You're late" he grumbles, his arms crossed in displeasure.

I tilt my head and narrow my eyes in thought "when am I not?"

My professor takes a deep breath, closing his eyes in the barely controlled agitation currently filling him. "Get to your desk. The president of our department did a walk through this morning. He was displeased by your lack of progression. You're already on thin ice with him, so I suggest you get a fire lit under your ass, boy"

Dread fills me and I swallow hard. Shit, I thought I'd had another month before the president did his damn walk through. I recognize that I have been slightly distracted, and that I may have been procrastinating the tiniest bit. But I thought I had more time. Fuck.

I nearly run to my work table, and pull out the file for the plans of my year end project. It's time to get my shit in gear and bust some ass. I may tend to slack off a bit, but my major and grades are important to me. No matter how much I would love to sit here and obsess over my steadily dilapidating relationship with my best friend, my focus needs to be elsewhere right now.

That's the one thing I've always been able to count on, though. No matter how much I'm going through or dealing with, I know Chanyeol will always be there when I come back.

>>>>

~Chanyeol~

The first time it happened could have been passed off as an accident, even without an apology i could easily brush it off, and move on... but the third and now forth time... Something's clearly up.

I stand up straight from where i had just brought in a rather heavy box from Kris's car. Rather routine, especially for a party and I had been bringing boxes in all morning, but something keeps happening. Something that's becoming more and more increasingly annoying by the second. On the way inside, Yixing, Tao, and now Sehun have all managed to knock in to me at least once.

Childish shoulder bumps, or obviously not accidental steps on my feet. I'm not that gifted with coordination on my good days. Add in my recent knee injury thanks to Minseok and his psychotic workout regimen, plus these guys doing their little brat routine has almost caused me to tank multiple times.

"Seriously, guys. What the hell?" I turn around, to find everyone's eyes looking everywhere but me. Not suspicious in the slightest.

"What's wrong?" Someone asks, and my breath catches.

Glancing over to the study, i find Baekhyun walking towards me, a book slotted between his fingers marking a page. I always found him most beautiful like this. Glasses perched on the edge of his nose, book in hand, in an over-sized sweatshirt and worn jeans. That's 'my' Baekhyun.