Inferno (Toris) {party}

~Kris~

"Is there a reason your presence is interrupting my quiet?" Kyungsoo asks, his eyes never once leaving the book in his hands. 

A smirk tugs at my lips. Kyungsoo's always been this way. He loves his friends, but come in between him and his private time and he'll end you. It amuses me more than it terrifies me, at least it does now. I've been put into a choke-hold by Soo a few times, and trust me, the little dudes stronger than he looks.

"Kyungsoo, my darling." i say as sweetly as i can.

Amusement flutters through my head when Kyungsoo's eyes snap to mine, a little dark and threatening. I'm pretty sure interrupting Soo while he's reading is considered a sin to him.

"State your business or leave." He barks, doing that little lip curl that used to drive me crazy. I knew things were going to get rough when he'd give me that expression.

"Yeol just messaged me that Chen and Minseok have arrived in Busan. We have today to prepare for tomorrow night." i say, an insinuating tone to my voice.

Kyungsoo narrows his eyes and places his bookmark against the page he's on and shuts it. Clearly, he understands that he won't be reading it anytime soon.

"You still want to do this?" Kyungsoo asks, his eyebrow ticking up in that way that makes me feel the full extent of my fondness for him.

I shrug, and move further into the room to sit beside the smaller man "I think everyone needs a break. There's been a lot of shit going on, and everyone is kind of in a bad place."

Kyungsoo shifts closer to me, his folded knee pressing to my thigh "That's exactly why i think this is a bad idea. No one is in the proper place to be sociable right now. The last thing they need is to be surrounded by alcohol infused stupidity. Have you even spoken to Tao yet?"

Brushing that off, i reach out and trail my fingers lightly over Soo's knee, tracing aimless patterns. "i just think it'll be a good idea for everyone to blow off some steam. The club is closed this weekend. Chen is away. No one has plans. It's perfect."

"Running away from your problems doesn't mean they go away, Kris. Talk to your boyfriend, and cancel this party before it's too late. Nothing good will come of this." Kyungsoo says ominously.

I sigh and stand up, not for a second missing the almost rejected look in his eyes. When will i stop hurting him?

"Don't be so negative, Kyungsoo. It'll be a good time, you'll see." I add, plastering my usual smile used for teachers and student government meetings.

Even i know this party is a stupid idea, but i just feel that the boys need something. Anything, to bring them out of their fucking rooms and talk to each other. I know i need to deal with my shit, but i just want one weekend to act like a damn college student. I just want to get tipsy, lose myself in a crowd of people, and let go of everything that's been laying on my shoulders. I know Kyungsoo is right, as he usually is, but i just want to keep running for a little bit longer.

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes and sits back into his original position. The unbreakable, emotionless mask back in place, and picks up his book. "I'll be having plenty of fun on my own." he nods towards the piece of literature in front of him, clearly meaning his intent for this weekend.

I nod as a small sigh falls from my mouth. This was always one of the main differences between Soo and me. It might have even been our breaking point if we had stayed together. Where I'm sociable, he's quiet and reserved. Where i like to talk and have attention on me, Soo would rather stand in the corner. Where i want to hide from my problems in a party with good booze, Soo hides from them in his room with a good book. We're different in that sense, and maybe that's why he fails to understand why i really need this weekend.