Chapter one ©

Written by: Sheri Murphy
All rights reserved

At present time

Drake woke up frozen half to death. He felt like he couldn't move. He waited for a few seconds before he even tried to open his eyes. They felt heavy, as if there was a layer of ice across them, sealing them shut. He finally found a cave. It didn't look like it had been occupied for awhile now. He snuck in, used his lighter to light a small fire. It must have burned out halfway through the night. Because right now,  he was frozen solid. Chilled to the bone. He had passed the point of shivering. It took everything he had last night to try to find something to cover up with. He had finally found an old flimsy cardboard box. He ripped the top and bottom open than climbed inside. This way, Drake would have something between him and the ground.  Hopefully, that would keep the wind out of his face. He had on three sweat shirts, a jacket and a beanie hat. If nothing else, at least his ears had been covered.

He was stiff, cold and God what he wouldn't do for a cup of coffee. He used what little leaves there was to make a pillow out of. He would be damned if he took a layer of clothes off to use as one. His vehicle had broke down probably about two towns over. Which aside from the weather was probably a good thing. They would be looking for that anyways.

He laid there for a few minutes more, he must have fallen back to sleep. Because he saw himself back in school.

This is where it all started for this crew.
Meanwhile back in the day.
He walked in the doors and everyone he mostly hung out with was congregating at Greyson's locker. He could smell the leather jackets as soon as he walked in. Seen the posters hung on the entrance to the gym doors. "Good luck panthers."

Greyson's locker just happened to be a few over from Drakes own. They were your typical gray metal lockers. Not like the ones they had in their other school. These did not have the built in locks. One was required to use the one that was passed out to them. Which he never did use. He always brought his own.

"Holy shit dude!" Jack said, speaking to Drake. "What are you doing here?" He walked over towards Grayson. "You're never here on the same day as this dude over here." Jack said, as he landed Grayson in a headlock.

"You better knock that shit off." Gray said straightening up his hair. "I swear I'm going to pile-drive you right here." Gray said, if you do that shit again." Grey said grabbing his books out of his locker after recovering.

"I don't even know how to answer that dude, I just decided to come today. Thought I would get the parents off my back." Drake said. Also grabbing his books from Grey's locker.

Drake usually leaves his books in Grey's locker. If he bothers to bring any at all to class.

"Are we going to do the usual today?" Jack asked, as he was walking backwards away from the group. He didn't have as much time to get to his class as the rest of us did. It was on the other side of the school.

"Yes! Meet us at the door at the end of seventh period." Gray said. Putting his pack of smokes into his pants.

Drake and Gray's class's were across the hall from each other. So Drake and Gray went in one direction and Jack went in the opposite direction.

"What the hell was he talking about?" Drake asked. Turning back around in the direction he needed to head in.

"He wanted to know if we were skipping eighth period as usual." Gray said. Fumbling with the books in his hand. While trying to make sure his pack of cigarettes weren't getting squished in the waist of his pants.