Chapter eighteen ©

Written by: Sheri Murphy
All rights reserved

       Meanwhile back in the day

He walked her to almost where they needed to go. He told her to stay right where she was, he had to do something really quick. He promised it would only take him a minute.

He ran over and lit the candles. A smell of jasmine floated through the air. It was probably a good thing it took her so long to find that package.

He walked over making a noise so not to startle her. He walked up beside her and grabbed her elbow with one hand and she placed her hand in his other hand.

He led her to the table. He sat her down in her chair. He took the things she had in her hand and then went and sat down across from her.

She took the blindfold off and her eyes welled up with tears.

"You did all of this for me?" She asked.

"Well, I had to show you something." He said.

There were two plates covered, two wine glasses. A wine bucket with ice. He'd placed the roses she had in the vase to accompany the rest of them. All together it equaled a dozen.

There was a cooler next to the table with other things in it. However, right now it served as a table for the condiments.

"Neither one of us have ate anything today. Aside from that little snack session at the park. I just thought you might be hungry."

She lifted the lid off of her plate and so did he.

There was a t-bone steak, baked potato and a side of broccoli. In a bowl in front of her plate there was a salad without dressing. He'd let her choose that.

"You put a lot of thought into this didn't you?" She asked.

"No! Not really. I didn't have time to do that. I just wanted to let you know I heard you earlier. You weren't just speaking to speak."

They ate their dinner and had small talk. He'd taken the sparkled juice out of the cooler and poured it into the glasses.

"Juice?" She said laughing. Tilting her head back as she did.

Drake couldn't help but to stare at her. She was breathtaking to him. Not just now, but always. It's just right now. She hadn't stopped smiling so there was a little extra glow to her. Especially because he knew he was the reason for that smile.

"There's wine in there if you'd like some. I don't like it, however you can have some if you'd like."

"No! I'm okay with the juice." She said.

"Are you sure? It's right here." He said pointing to the cooler.

"Yes! I'm sure. I just wasn't expecting juice to come out of that bottle. It looks like a wine bottle."

"Yeah I know." He said, laughing.

They'd finished their meal and he put all of their dirty dishes into the cooler. He'd brought out two dessert plates. One was a strawberry cheesecake and the other one was a silk chocolate pie. He placed them both in the middle of the table and said.