Chapter Fifty two©

Written by: Sheri Murphy © all rights reserved
Chapter fifty two

Meanwhile back in the day

The game seemed to be going well. They all seemed to be having a good time. Every once in awhile Drake would look over at Sasha. She seemed to be having a good time. However, she still had that look in her eyes. And it was playing on Drake's conscience.

"Maybe I shouldn't of yelled at her like that." He thought. "It's not really her fault that she feels that way. He made it a mental point to address it later.

A few more hands went by and the winning hand was dealt. Trista and Gray walked away with the victory.

"Yay!" Trista jumped out of her seat. Threw her arms in the air and then pointed at Jack. I told you I'd kick your ass. Drake and Sasha seemed to just be there. Neither one of them really cared.

"Awww! That's bullshit!" Jack said, "You probably fucking cheated."

"Oh my lord!" Trista said, "You're insane. Just face the fact that you lost, loser boy."

"Right now." Jack stood up and pointed at the table. Let's play again, right now." He fixed his pants so that they were straight. Then sat back down lighting a cigarette.

Before Trista could answer Drakes sister and her best friend walked in. He looked to see who came in and then looked back at Sasha. It was that right there he wasn't going to deal with. He shouldn't have that awareness right there. That should have just been a normal entrance of two people he'd known. It shouldn't have carried that feeling behind it.

Drake stood up and reached over to grab Sasha's hand. She put hers in his then walked into the room where his sister was sitting.

"Can I speak to you?" He asked his sisters best friend.

She looked at his sister and shrugged.

"Sure." She said.

They walked into the next room and Sasha and his sister stayed there. Before Sasha knew what was going on Drake came back out.

"She wants to speak to you." Drake said.

Sasha left the room in one direction. Then Drake walked back into the living room. When Sasha came back and sat next to him she seemed fine. She looked better. Didn't have that worried look or nothing. Drake didn't ask what she said. He left that between them. However, whatever it was seemed to work. He didn't see a problem in the future but one can never be to sure.

For right now he breathed a sigh or relief and they focused once more on the game.

They sat out of this game as they had missed the beginning. And due to the fact that it was a competition situation. Drake was okay with that. He'd rather sit out of it. It's was actually kind of comical sometimes to watch them. If one of them started losing too much. They'd go from pissed to just throwing the game.

"Who cares!" He'd say as he threw his card on the table. "This is a bunch of shit anyways."

"Oh! Come on." One of them would yell. Like this shit really happens."

Drake walked into the kitchen and Sasha followed. He made more coffee and grabbed Sasha a cup. Grabbed some graham crackers and walked into his bedroom.

"Man! It's cold in here." Drake said, grabbing his blanket off of his bed and wrapping it around his shoulders. She came over and sat right next to him.

"Can you share that?" She asked.

He said, "Yeah! But let's sit on the bed right. They both positioned themselves up against the headboard. Then he shared his blanket with her.