Chapter Forty two ©

Written by: Sheri Murphy © all rights reserved
Chapter forty two

Meanwhile back in the day

They went to the store and piled everything they thought they would need for the card game into the cart. Everyone chipped in at the register and they started to walk home.

Each person carried a bag or two. It seemed to work out pretty good.

Drake, Sasha and Trista legged behind. No one really saying anything. Just the usual small talk.

Until Sasha looked over at Drake. Switching sides with her bag of groceries.

"Hey babe?"

Drake acted like he didn't hear it. Kicked a can up against a curb and listened while it clattered along the street.

He knew she had said it. And he felt bad for not acknowledging it. But Trista was there and he just didn't feel that comfortable yet. He knew he was dead. So to speak. Unless he could convince her that he hadn't heard her. He thought about that for a second.

"You know what? Screw it." He thought. Before she could say it again he said. "I'm sorry honey did you call me?"

"Yes!" She said, giving him a sideways glance. She knew what was going on. And she smiled when he finally answered.

Trista didn't say anything to either one of them. She just looked at both observing the interaction.

"Ummm if I ask you a question. Will you get mad at me?"

"I don't know. I guess that depends on the nature of the question. But don't let that stop you. It's like Russian roulette with me anyways."

When she laughed he shrugged his shoulders.

"It's the truth." Trista said.

"Do you know that shirt you sometimes wear? The long sleeve one with the nun on it?"

He made a face like he knew what was coming next.

"Yes!" He said.

"Could you get rid of it?" She asked.

He stopped, looked at her and didn't say anything right away.

"Seriously? Are you really asking me this?"

"Yep!" She said. "Im really asking you this.

He almost asked her why. But the fact that her boobs were bare on the shirt was probably the reason. And given what he asked of her the night before. He was almost tempted to say no.

For the simple fact that she wouldn't understand his full point behind not wanting her to dress that way. He doesn't care if someone else does. He usually encourages it. However, she's in his book, better then that. She doesn't need to do that. She's sexy enough fully dressed to turn anyone on. Let alone him. However, there's nothing more precious to your mate then there love and the fact that no one else knows what's there. What person truly wants their mate to just give it to anyone? Drake was definitely not a trophy man. He knew he held the prize. He didn't need anyone else to know what that prize was. However, Drake also knows her background is different then his. Being that she was a nun probably didn't help the situation any.

"Does it really bother you that much?"

"Well,"

Before she could finish he said, "okay! You can do whatever you want with it when we get home. Man! I liked that shirt too." He said under his breathe.

"So you guys are doing pretty good huh?" Trista directed the question at Sasha knowing that Drake would not of offered that information.

"Yeah!" Sasha said, looking up into Drakes face. He showed no signs of stress. So she felt pretty good about her answer. She had answered the question but didn't offer anything unnecessary.