Chapter twenty four ©

Written by: Sheri Murphy
All rights reserved
Chapter twenty four

Meanwhile back in the day

After they all returned back to their blanket. They packed all the stuff they needed. Trista made sure all of the garbage was taken to the garbage can. She was good at doing that. That's one thing about being around Trista. You did not ever make the mistake and liter around her. She would literally make you pull the car over to the side of the road. No matter where you were. Make you get out and find what you threw out the window. She was adamant about that and it was just best to put the trash where it belonged. Needless to say everyone who was around her had a trash bag in their vehicle.

The whole group carried the stuff to the car and drove back to Drakes house. They got all the stuff they would need on the way home. Chips, pop, candy, smokes, BBQ sauce. Drake planned on cooking ribs over the open fire. Sasha's never tasted them that way. That was Grays favorite so, if he wanted Drake to make them, he supplied them. Which he was more than happy to do.

They even got a cake mix to make out there to. As long as it was mixed and put in a pan anything could be cooked out there. Sasha picked out the flavor and the frosting.

Once they got home they realized they forgot the lighter fluid. Gray and Jack ran back to the store while Drake and the girls got the food ready. As the girls were mixing the food and using the rub Drake gave them on the ribs. He collected the wood and the kindling. He didn't really need fluid for the fire. However, since he was going to cook on it tonight. He'd need it a little hotter then usual.

Gray and Jack returned from the store and Gray walked up and put a package in Drakes hand. Drake looked at his hand and smiled and stuck it in his pocket. He'd need that later.

They carried all the stuff out to the fire and made sure they had everything they would need. They sat and talked for a little bit before it started to get dark.

Drake pulled Gray to the side and spoke to him for a moment. They both walked over to the rest of them and asked them if any of them were tired. They got a unison no.

"Well, I propose that we go skating tonight. It's Saturday night and we can do all of this when we get back. Everyone is staying here tonight so we don't have a curfew situation. We can leave there earlier if we feel like it. However, it will be something to do between the food and the game."

Sasha got excited because that's one thing she'd heard they were all good at but has never witnessed it as of yet.

"Yeah! I suppose we could do that." Jack said.

The rest of them agreed and they carried all of the food to the treehouse and made sure it was locked so they wouldn't wake anyone up when they returned to cook. There was a little refrigerator they kept cold in the treehouse by an extension cord to the porch.

The rink opened at seven and it was around six now. None of them wore rink skates. So they had to go to each of their houses to get their speed skates. Sasha was the only one who didn't have a pair. However, Trista had an old pair she could borrow.

By the time they all got their skates it was time to go. They had around fifteen minutes until the doors opened. Most of the time they didn't have to wait in line. The staff would open the door and let them in before the rink was open. Depending on the day. If they didn't get in right away. Then they at least got pushed to the front of the line.