35(First Day as the CEO)

I unbuckled my seatbelt and waited for my driver/ bodyguard Dave, a kind 50 year old latin man whom my father hired few days ago since I'm too traumatized to drive again due to that tragic accident eight years ago. Never have I ever touched a steering wheel since then.

"Good luck on your first day Ms. A" Dave says sweetly as he help me out of my new purchased Range Rover. I just love the name he calls me.

"Thanks Dave, you can take a rest first and I'll call you when I'm headed home. Have a lovely day." I politely answered. As I fixed my white business suit and took my white matching bag before I made my way to the tall building which has Cowell Company written on it, I can't help but let out a smile with the view I'm seeing. After the years I spent in Harvard,studying my ass off it finally paid off,thankfully my father trusted me this time.

"Good morning Ms. Cowell, I'm Cindy Collins and I'll be your personal assistant from now on." A tall brunette around my age approached me,startling me from my train of thoughts. Behind her were various men dressed up in business suits and carries few briefcase with them.

"What's my schedule for today?" I asked abruptly as we started to get in the building ,our employees greeted me with countless good mornings and they're glad to finally meet me as we walk in.

"We're going to tour you around the building,show which departments are located in every floor." she answers quickly and pressed the button leading to the third floor as we enter the elevator.

"Would that be all?" I asked as we reached the designated floor.

"Yes ma'am." she answers politely and ushered me to go out first,followed by those men whose names I don't even know yet.

"First off the Production Department,this department occupies eight floors in this building, the production planning is headed by Marcus Brook." she inquired and points the tall blonde dude with blue orbs at my left side who gave me a polite smile which I returned with a knowing nod and ushered Mandy? To continue as we walk to the halls of the third floor which is consisted of busy employees around their cubicles.

"The Purchasing Department us headed by Brent McArthur." and points the buff jet black haired man on my left. "The Stores department is headed by Mike Lane who's behind Mr. McArthur and the Works department us guided by Tyler Philipps who's behind Mr. Brook." i just nod with everything my P.A blabs as I familiarize with every detail in each floor we visit.

"We'll get going now Ms. Cowell,it was nice to meet you." those four department heads said in unison and dispersed to their designated work place after the tour in the Production Department was done.

"Where to next?" I asked in a monotonous voice as we step in the elevator for the third time again,wow my dad's life consisted of this for a long time? It's so boring ,I miss partying in the USA already.

"We're off to the Human Resource Department." she answers quickly and pressed the 12th floor.

"How many employees do we got here?" I questioned as we step outside.

"Around 500,Ms. Cowell." she replied beside me.

"You can call me Aliya, Ms. Cowell is too formal." i offered with a smile at her, I mean we could be friends right?

She shakes her head ferociously which made me chuckle. "that's inappropriate Ms. Cowell." she answered.

"As your boss I order you to call me by my  first name,end of discussion. Lets meet the admins now and head to the Finance Department after." I answered smugly and walked away, my P.A catching up with me mumbling incoherent things under her breath. She introduced me to various people who I can't remember all their names from the HR Department and the Finance Department,finally I guess it's time to take a rest I happily cheer in my mind.