Chapter 7.

Zayn.

It was silent between the two of us, the only sound to be heard was the clattering of forks and knifes against plates. The occasional sighs erupting from each others mouths or the shifting around the seats. Harry had chosen a stylish, old-fashioned restaurant but with a good atmosphere. I'm surprised he picked a place where we were surrounded by families and couples, he wouldn't be able to make a scene here. Like back in the music store.

"I'm still mad at you y'know." I told him, the thought of Ste still fresh in my mind. "I'm not to happy about you either." he spoke back, wiping his mouth with his napkin. His reply caught me off guard. Wha-? "You called me a possessive git." he explained, reading my puzzled expression. I gaped at him. What was he playing at? Out of all the things he could possibly be mad at, it was that?

"I stand by what I said. It was the truth." I said bluntly, frowning at him. "Well then I'm not sorry for hitting Ste. He deserved it." he shrugged, watching me. So thats why this was about? Anger boiled inside me then. He really knew how to play me, and he played me well.

"Do you love him?" he blurted out suddenly. "He's nice to me." I replied casually, scooping up a fork-full of fried rice. "That's not what I asked." he said, getting impatient. I paused. What should I say? Should I say yes, just to tease him? To annoy him, like he's doing to me? Gosh, I was turning into him. I didn't want to be a...monster. "No." I answered truthfully and he sighed, going back to his meal.

His face seemed to light up at that, a gleaming smile plastered on his face, his dimples showing. "Whats that look for?" I asked curiously. "You're coming to mine tonight." he said simply, still grinning. The thought made my heart skip a beat. Me. Alone. In Harry's flat. No. This cannot be happening. "You know you don't have a choice, right?" Harry said, reading my scared expression. I sighed, running a hand down the side of my side.

Harry payed for the bill, and I thanked the waiter before we left. I was about to head back to the car, when Harry stopped me. "No, no. Come here." Harry smirked, taking my hand and guiding me over to a dimly-lit club. I followed him inside as he greeted the bouncer, letting us in. "Uh, ID please." the bouncer said suddenly, putting a firm hand on my shoulder and stopping me. "It's all right, he's with me." Harry assured him, holding up our intertwined hands. I blushed a little, looking down. "Okay." he sighed, letting us through.

Harry wrapped a hand around my waist, guiding me through the crowd. We stopped at a tiny room at the side, filled with leather seats and a coffee table and a pool table. There was an arcade room at the other side. Groups of people took up most of the room, a few of them sitting on the dark leather sofas...snogging. "Go stand over there, I'll go get drinks." Harry whispered huskily in my ear, pushing me a little forward. I walked round the sofas and stood where Harry told me too, standing awkwardly amongst the crowd. What was I supposed to do? I didn't know anybody here.

"So you're the man in Harry's life?" a blond boy suddenly asked me. I blinked at him, uncertain. I thought no one knew he was gay? I stared at the tall blond. He was well built, a bit on the skinny side with bleach blond hair and icy blue eyes. Pale skin and a thick, Irish accent. And he looked half drunk. "You must be Zayn. I'm Niall." he introduced, a wide grin on his face as we shook hands. "Harry likes you y'know." he grinned, taking a sip of his pint. "He has a funny way of showing it." I replied, scrunching up my nose and Niall laughed. "Yeah, that's Harry for you."he shrugged.

"Anyway, I gotta go. Nice talking to you," Niall sighed, thumping my shoulder before he went off to talk to another boy, around our age. That was when someone else came up to me, another person whom I did not know. "Are you one of Harry's friends?" I asked uncertainly, my confidence rising a little bit. "You could say that." he smirked, edging closer to me. The closer he got, the more I could smell the alcohol reeking off his body. "W-where is Harry?" I stuttered and he chuckled. "He'll be back. For now, I can keep you occupied." he smirked, tilting my head up with his index finger and kissing my jaw lightly.