Chapter 18.

Zayn

Harry reluctantly stopped the car once he pulled up at my flat, taking the key out the ignition. I gave him a questionable look as I took my seatbelt off. "I'll walk you to your door," he explained, smiling sheepishly. Before I could say anything, he leaned closer, putting two hands on my shoulders and kissing me lovingly. I moaned softly at his touch, trying to keep my breathing steady. I whimpered at the loss of contact when he broke apart.

I swiftly walked round to my door and I stood up, just as he scooped me up in his arms, my hand on his back. I couldn't help smelling the strong scent of aftershave as he took me off to my flat and I smiled lazily. I grabbed my keys from my pocket when I reached my door and fumbled for the door handle. "I got it." Harry said quickly, trying to grab for my keys even though he was already still holding me. "Harry, no-" too late. He already sent me flying to the ground, both of our bodies topplying over each other. I couldn't help bursting with laughter as Harry grunted, trying to keep us steady. His body was hovering over me now, his dimples flashing.

"I love your laugh..." he smiled and I blushed, looking down. "I like that you love it Harry, but it'd really help a lot if you helped me up instead of having me freeze my ass off on his floor." I smirked and he rolled his eyes, holding out his large hand for me to take. I quickly stood up and I was about to put my key in my door when I stopped, my heart racing. The door was cracked and I couldn't fit my keys in my door, indicating that somebody had already been in before me. I froze, my mouth dry.

"Babe? What's wrong?" Harry asked, sensing how my body had tensed. I looked back at him, unable to say anything and turned back round before I opened the door. I gulped dryly and stared at the mess. It was like my flat had been turned upside down. My chairs in the lounge were toppled over. The magazines and papers that usually lay on my coffee table were on the carptet underneath. All my files and cheques and payslips from the music store lay in a pile on top of the units next to the cooker. My high cabinet doors were left open, plates and glases lying everywhere. My bedroom was a tip; my quilt was unmade (even though I had made it this morning) and all my underwear was out the drawers and my study was a mess.

"Zayn," Harry spoke, his tone sounding angry. I spun on my heels, facing him. "Who did this?" he asked, almost desperately. I hesitated before answering. "I don't know." I finally sighed. I ran a hand through my hair, desperate. I knew for one, it wasn't Bo nor Jai nor Jake. They had no clue where I lived. Plus, the person who had done this was obviously in a hurry. I started my shift at 9am and finished at 3. They had to have done this around that time. Which means they knew that I worked. They knew where I worked.

I headed over to my wardrobe and rummaged through my clothes, noticing that everything was still there. Frowning, I glanced over at my desk and noticed that my laptop was still there too. I headed into the living room and noticed that my iPad was still lying on the coffee table, and my wide screen TV still hung up on the wall.

I didn't get it. Why break into my house, but not take anything valuable? It wasn't that they didn't have time, they had all the time in the world. I worked for at least six hours, surely they would've taken something in that amount of time?

My breathing came out quick and staggered as realization dawned on me. "Zayn? You know who it was, don't you?

"My parents," I breathed, just in time to see my mother standing in the doorway.

______________

Hey guys I know it's cliffy and I'm really sorry! But I really needed it and I'll start writing the next chapter tonight, I promise. Comments? Feedback would be much appreciated, thanks. Love you all :) xxx