Chapter 24.

Zayn

Niall sat down on the bench, his face troubled and faze. My body tensed as I stared at my lap, fiddling with my fingers. He sighed deeply, looking at me. "Look, I'm sorry about what I said before. I know that you don't follow Harry around like a lost puppy and I know that Harry doesn't control your life. I didn't mean it. I was just..."

"Mad." I finished off for him, the feeling mutual. He nodded in agreement, smiling weakly at me. "C-can I see it? The scar?" I stuttered curiously and he paused for a second, before slowly and hesitantly lifting up his sweater and revealing a thin, white scar along his torso. I gulped, not liking the ugly look of it. "The doctor says that if Liam hadn't taken me to the hospital as quick as that, I would've died..." he trailed off as he let go of the hem of his sweater, letting the material fall over his stomach. "Pretty lucky then, eh?" I sighed and he smiled fondly, his eyes distant as if he was thinking exactly that.

Suddenly, Niall reached over, frowning curiously and examining the newly- purple and blue bruises on my wrists. "That looks pretty bad." he whispered, his fingers gently stroking over the marks. "I've had worse." I croaked back and he let go, looking up at me. Niall opened his mouth to speak when the gym doors swung open and Liam strolled in, followed by Harry. My body tensed again and I gulped, unable to meet Harry's soft gaze. "We better go." Liam announced lowly to Niall and he nodded, slipping off the bench before waving me good-bye.

Harry sighed deeply, his arm brushing against mine as he stood next to me. "You're mad at me." he spoke softly. "Not mad, per say...just concerned." I replied defensively. I knew I was contradicting myself, but it was partly the truth too. A small smile crept on his lips as he kissed my temple, his lips lingering. "There's no need to be." he assured me quietly, his large hand squeezing mine tightly. That seems easier said than done, I thought sadly in my head but never mentioned it to Harry.

---

With a snapback over my head and an over-sized hoodie on, I sauntered up to Harry's flat and knocked on his door as I did so. Harry's neighbour who had suspiciously eyed us up last time I visited was standing outside her flat, watering her flowery plants. I flashed her an innocent smile but she just tutted in reply, shuffling back inside her flat. The last time I had met her, Harry was whispering dirty things in my ear and I'm pretty sure with her hearing aid that she wore all the time, she would've heard. Sighing, I knocked on Harry's door and when he opened it, a tall, gorgeous curly-heard lad stood in front of me. "Hey, beautiful." he grinned as soon as he saw me and I smiled back, instantly wrapping my arms around his neck. He breathed out deeply, nuzzling his face in the crook of my neck as he shut the door behind us.

"I think your neighbour hates me." I pouted when I pulled away and he let out an amused laugh. "Mrs Bowstruckle? Nah that's just her. She's always moody." he explained and he kissed my lips softly. "I could've picked you up you know, if I knew you were coming here." he frowned, his hands holding my hips. I shook my head. "I was just coming back from work anyway." I assured him and he nodded. Still smiling softly, he pressed his forehead to mine and I smiled back. I couldn't help looking down and fiddling with the bettle buckle of his trousers. When I let them hanging, I stepped back a bit and winked at him.

"Did you just wink at me?" he asked, amused before buckling up again. I licked my tongue along my bottom link, slowly and seductively just like he does. I started to kiss along his jaw line, down to the crook of his neck and a low moan rumbled in his chest. "You never fail to amaze me." he breathed, cupping the side of my face and I smiled, looking shyly up at him. I leaned my forehead in again, this time kissing his lips softly and nibbling at his bottom lip. He didn't take that though. He kissed me more forecfully on the lips, our heads bumping together as he cupped my face closer to him. Just then, I almost forgot why I was mad at him. I froze, not bothering to open my mouth for him and I pulled away, looking down. "Hey, what's wrong?" he whispered softly and I frowned, examining my bruises on my wrists where I had rolled up my sleeves. When I didn't answer, he titled my head up to look at him, using his index finger under my chin.