Chapter 38.

~PLEASE DON'T ASK ME TO UPDATE~

Zayn

“Say it.”  I demanded softly, gazing up into Harry’s emerald eyes as we lay in the bed together.

“I love you.” Harry smiled, entwining our hands together over his chest and I beamed, snugging close to him. “Say it again.” I asked hopefully and Harry chuckled and I could feel his curls tickling against my hair as he shook his head in disbelief. “I love you, idiot.” Harry teased playfully, kissing the top of my head and I smacked his shoulder in reply. “Oy!” I teased back, looking up at him again.

“I did say it.” He replied sheepishly and I smirked, making a ‘tssk’ sound. “There’s just no pleasing you, is there?” Harry breathed, rolling them over so he was on top of them. “It’s just so easy to say it, innit?” I beamed and Harry smiled. “Yeah. How could you have been so sure when you said it?” Harry asked curiously, their torsos and bottom halves pressed together. It was a question that I was slightly afraid to answer, but now that Harry had admitted his love to him now, he wasn’t afraid anymore. “I just knew. It’s just one of these things, y’know?” I breathed, his thumb soothing over Harry’s hand. Harry hummed in approval, resting himself back amongst the pillows, feeling satisfied.

Harry exhaled deeply and got up out the bed, travelling along to the bathroom and I decided to follow him. I giggled as he removed my t-shirt and sweats so I stepped out of them, being only in my boxers. “You’re not gonna let me shower myself, are you?” Harry teased, setting his hands on either side of my hips and I shook my head, smiling devilishly at him. “Well, I suppose we’re saving water and all that.” Harry winked cheekily at me before removing my boxers completely and helping me step into the shower, Harry undressing himself and following my suit.

After we were fresh and clean from the shower and completely dressed again, I joined Harry in the living room with a cup of tea in my hands. Harry cleared his throat and shoved his phone back in his pocket when he saw me. “Who was that?” I asked curiously, handing him the cup of tea. “Remember Chris?” he replied back, his eyes on me and I gave a quick nod of confirmation. “He has an art show this afternoon and he wants us to come.” He explained and I raised my eyebrows, surprised. “You mean he finished the studio?” I gaped and he chuckled. “Yeah, no thanks to us.” Harry remarked and I batted my hand against his shoulder.

“He wasn’t mad, was he?” I asked hopefully and he smirked.

“No. If anything, he wasn’t surprised at all.” Harry shrugged and I rolled my eyes. “I just feel guilty with not finishing what he had asked us to do.” I admitted sadly and Harry chuckled, shaking his head in disbelief before pecking my nose. “Babe, he told us to use the studio. So we used it.” Harry said smugly and I bit my bottom lip, not entirely convinced. “Z, don’t bite your lip in front me. You know I like it when you do that.” Harry demanded, suddenly serious and I beamed, biting more seductively than ever. “Stop.” Harry demanded, grabbing at my hands and flipping us over so that he straddled me. I gasped a little, parting my lips and Harry laughed again. “That’s better.” Harry teased before pressing his lips firmly to mine.

That evening, I headed out to Harry’s car and he drove us to the art studio. I flipped my hood over my head to shield me from the rain and stepped me in the passenger’s seat of Harry’s Jeep.  I ruffled my damp hair when I pulled my hood down and greeted Harry as we sped off. Along the drive, I watched as he reached out and clasped his hand around mind over my lap, still concentrating on the road. We smiled sweetly at each other before he turned a corner and parked at the art studio.

With his hand on the small of back as we stepped out, he guided me up the steps and into the art studio. The art studio had had a complete transformation since the last time I was here (and I was very thankful for that). The bouncer let us in without Harry having to hand him a ticket and we stepped inside. The ceiling was circular and a sky blue colour with white-painted clouds above us, and it almost felt like we were outside. The bottom of the walls were painted a green border and it looked like grass. It felt like we were at the seaside because the wood was light, like the sand and at the back of the room, was a painting. But not just any painting. It was the painting from the first exhibition; the one where Harry and I are sitting on top of the hill, under the tree to protect us from the sun and he has his arms shielded around me, almost protectively. We were lying on the grass, gazing into nothingness and we looked happy. It was timeless and picturesque, something beautiful and creative. Of course, nobody had any idea that was us. The people walking by us were completely oblivious that I was the one under that hood. Although, I think people suspected Harry seeing as he had a few strands of curls sticking out from his beanie in the picture.

“That picture is preposterous. Should be taken down! It’s hideous.” A woman beside me spat. I blinked and looked round, only to find that Harry was nowhere here. He was standing by the door, talking to one of the bouncers who let us in. “That boy with the curls is always up to no good! Always getting into fights.” She insulted, brushing herself down and I turned round to face her, getting a little impatient.

“That “boy with the curls” happened to be the nicest boy in the planet.” I defended and she glared at me. “And how would you know that? You don’t even know him! He gets into fights constantly.” She giggled coldly and I rolled my eyes. “I happen to be dating that boy. And you do know what? We did it right here. In this very art studio.” I said proudly and her eyes widened, astonished at my words. She clamped her hand to her mouth and squealed with shock.

“How rude!” she hissed and I smirked.

“Fuck it.” I scoffed and sauntered off away from her, not wanting to be in her presence anymore. When I approached Harry, he waved off the bouncer and grinned at me, wrapping his arms around my waist. “You look on edge.” He whispered in my ear and I shrugged. “I just teaching someone an art lesson.” I said lazily and he tilted his head to the side in confusion. “Lesson learned?” he asked innocently and I smirked. “Lesson learned.” I confirmed and he beamed, nuzzling his face in the crook of my neck.

“That’s him! He’s the one that should be barred.” I heard the familiar voice and looked up to see that same woman, pointing a shaky finger at me. Harry looked at me in confusion before her eyes fell on the woman. Chris was standing next to her and he chuckled, shaking his head at me. The woman had obviously told him about what I had said, but Chris already knew. She blinked at him, wondering why he was laughing at her. “Nah, they’re cool. They’re the ones that helped with studio.” He pointed out and she growled at me, stomping her heel on the wooden floor. I flashed her an innocent smile and sent her a cheeky wave and she swiftly walked out the room.

Harry was amused, laughing away. “Yep. Lesson learned.” He beamed and took my hand, guiding me around the rest of the studio.   

__________________

Hi guys! Thank you all for your lovely, kind words, they've been very supportive. Hopefully all water is under the bridge now and nobody will pester me to update (that's just wishful thinking, isn't it?)  But thank you all so much for the amazing feedback, can't wait to hear more. Love you all :) mwah