Chapter 47.

PLEASE DON'T ASK ME TO UPDATE

Louis sat down opposite Zayn, placing a cup of hot tea in front of him on the coffee table. He was being careful around him. Zayn looked...fragile. Like he was about to break any second. His fingers were clasped together on his lap, his body tense and rocking back and forth slightly. He was vulnerable. Too vulnerable.

Louis sat awkwardly, rubbing the palms of his hands against his laps, debating on how to comfort his friend. He wasn't very good with the whole comforting thing. The thing is, Louis hadn't really dealt with break-ups in a long time. Eleanor was his one and only long-term relationship. He guessed, now that she was gone, they both needed a hug? But as predicted, it was awkward for the pair of them. Not only about that, but the fact that they barely knew each other. They only know each other from Harry, and that's it.

Louis reached behind Zayn, grabbed the shawl that was draped around the couch and wrapped it around Zayn’s skinny body. Zayn thanked him weakly and took the mug of tea in his hands, sipping it gratefully. "We're both hopeless, aren't we?" Louis tried with a kind smile but Zayns face scrunched up and Louis began to panic.

"You're doing really well, considering this break-up looks kind of serious." Louis rushed and Zayn looked up, his face relaxing a little bit. "Because I don't believe anything he said." Zayn admitted, wiping the tears and Louis looked confused. "What did he say?" Louis asked curiously. It was so bad that Louis was too afraid to say the 'H' word. Harry.

"You know what I think?" Louis asked randomly and Zayn looked up. "What?"

"You know Harry better than all of us, right? Even better than me."

"I'm listening." Zayn replied in a less half-hearted tone. "Well, I think you could do what you do best. Make Harry jealous." Louis shrugged and Zayn raised an eyebrow. "I already tried that and failed." Zayn murmured shamefully and Louis frowned. "What do you mean?"

"When I saw him, I decided to bite my lip in front of him. It always got him and I don't know why." Zayn explained sheepishly as Louis gave him a smug look. "Maybe you aren't trying hard enough." Louis pointed and Zayn sighed. "Look, Harry is going to Funky Buddha tonight with Liam. We should go." Louis suggested and Zayn snapped his head up again. "He's what? He's going there without me?" Zayn pressed, his mouth trembling.

"Not if you're there with me." Louis pointed out and Zayn stopped crying. "Lou, as much as I appreciate it, I really don't want to bother Harry. Whatever it is, it must be important." Zayn said, surprising Louis. "I thought you wanted him back?" Louis aides and Zayn gulped. "I'm scared that he won't take me back. Again." Zayn shrugged and Louis stared pityingly at Zayn for a second before removing the shawl from him and taking the cup out of his hands. "What are you doing?" Zayn frowned when Louis removed the beanie from his head. "Get up and get a shower. Now." Louis added when Zayn opened his mouth to protest. Zayn sighed and brushed past Louis, knowing he didn't have much choice.

When Zayn was ready, he was dressed in tight faded jeans and a leather jacket. He was his usual self. Almost. The only thing showing again was a beard. Just like last time.

"There we go! Show time." Louis beamed as Zayn stroked his beard absent-mindedly. "I'm still mad at Harry though." Zayn mumbled and Louis let out as exasperated sigh.

"Harry's right, you really are stubborn." Louis retorted and Zayn scowled. They entered the nightclub after being let in by the bouncer and the first person they saw was Liam. "Zayn! Hey! Long-time no see, mate." Liam said cheerfully, pulling Zayn in for a hug.

Where is he?" Zayn asked instantly as he pulled away from Liam. "See for yourself." Liam sighed, turning around and pointing to Harry at the bar, getting the drinks. Now that he could see Harry, now that he was in his presence all night...he couldn't bring himself to talk to him. Not now. Now after what he said to him. His hands went to his chest and he realised that he didn't even have his necklace on. Zayn gulped, moving away from the boys and into the crowd. He didn’t want to be seen anymore. He just wanted to crawl into a whole and die. But then that wouldn’t be very manly. And he thought Harry would be mad at him if he did that.