Chapter 36.

~DON'T TELL ME TO UPDATE~

Zayn

"You had sex in a what?" Ste asked, stunned and I chuckled. "You heard. An art studio." I repeated and chucked a rolled up piece of paper at him. "I told you I'm not a kiss and tell person." I reminded him and Ste scoffed. "Now I know why." He replied cheekily and I stuck out my tongue, watching him leave for the back staff room. I deliberately failed to mention that Harry may or may not had subtly told me he loved me, because I wasn't one to get my hopes up. He may just have been caught up in the moment.

I sighed heavily and continued stacking the CDs in alphabetical order, finishing at Westlife for 'W' when I heard the bell at the front door jingle and footsteps following after. "Hey, babe." A familiar voice said and I froze. That wasn't Harry's, but I certainly knew who's it was. I turned round, only to face Jai. His face battered and bruised, looking furious.

"I'd like to buy a CD." He mocked and I glanced back at the staff room which had the door ajar, Ste's back facing me. "I'm sorry, we're closed." I replied back and his jaw clenched. "You really thought I'd forget about you, didn't you? I was being serious when I said I'd come back for you." He sniggered, lifting up his fingers and tracing his fingertips down the side of my jaw, like Harry normally did.

"You put me in hospital." I reminded him and he chuckled coldly. "Yeah, and you disqualified me from a fight with Harry by pulling that little stunt of yours. Know what that means? Harry needs to be taught a lesson." He smiled devilishly and I gulped nervously, my back pressed against the shelves of CD's. “That’s a pretty necklace. Mind if I give this back to him once we’re done?” Jai sneered and aimed a punch at my face knocking me to the ground. The necklace dangled from my chest as I stared up Jai, seeing the smirk on his face. Zayn stood up, brushing himself down and staring frantically at Jai as he neared closer.  

“I see he’s left a number of love bites…mind if I add to that collection?” he sneered and quickly, I grabbed at his chest and pushed him forward, causing him to stumble backwards  a little. “You’re weak, Zayn. You fight like a girl.” He insulted and grabbed a fistful of my hair, tilting my head to the side to gain more access to my neck. I pushed him again and this time, he stumbled so far back that he hit the shelves opposite me, landing in a heap amongst the stolen CD’s and I did the same, landing in a pile of smashed glass. I groaned at the pain and Ste came running in, hearing the noise. “Oi, get out, you! I’ll call the police if you don’t leave! Now!” Ste shouted, pushing Jai out the shop, slamming the door behind him.

Ste then turned to me and bent down as I lay there, shaking. “Z…you’re bleeding.” He his voice shook and I looked down to see the red, scarlet blood that was mixed with the glass. “Oh…” I frowned, realisation dawning on me at just how painful it was. My bottom lip was cut and bruised, and my hair was also mixed with blood from the way Jai had scratched at me. I was a mess. Ste disappeared and came back seconds later with kitchen roll in his hands and he attempted to wipe up the blood.

“I really should phone the police.” Ste said after a couple of seconds of silence. “It won’t do anything.” I protested weakly and he sighed impatiently. “But it’s all right for him to practically rape you?!” he shouted and I winced at his tone. Ste sighed again and shook his head in disbelief when I didn’t answer and I stood up. “I wonder what Harry’s gonna say, he’ll have a fit.” He spoke quietly once he had cleaned most of the mess up.

“Yeah, I’m afraid of that.” I admitted and headed out the door without another word.

“Z? Are you in here?” Harry called sometime later, entering my flat. “Z…I was thinking we could-“ he stopped dead when he saw me, seeing the state I was in. He was breathing rapidly, unable to control his anger. With his hands clenched into fists, he strolled over to me in a quick haste and I flinched at how close he was, scared he’d do something to hurt me again.

“Who did this, Z?” he spoke softly, yet he somehow sounded annoyed. I didn’t answer. Instead, I shied away from him and headed over to the kitchen sink to dry the dishes but he followed me. “Zayn…you’re bleeding and you’re hurt, please let me help.” He pleaded, reaching out to hold the hand that had the glass stuck in it and I whimpered, pulling away.

“It’s who I think it was, isn’t it? It was Jai.” He stated bluntly yet still, I stayed silent, unable to answer. “Your silence is all the confirmation I need.” He said hurriedly and my eyes snapped up to him when I watched him hurry for his leather jacket, heading out. “No, wait!” I yelled frantically and he spun round, breathing hard. I followed after him, grabbing his hands and pulling him close.

“Please, don’t go after him. Don’t do anything stupid. Don’t give him the satisfaction, it’s what he wants.” I begged and his breath trembled, shaking with anger. “He hurt you, Zayn. He can’t get away with that.” He spoke softly, his warm breath against mine as our bodies mingled together.

“Yeah, but you’re better than that. I know you are. I don’t want him to hurt you, either.” I replied and he sighed, burying his face into my shoulder and crying a little.

_________________

Hi guys. This is probably really short and very sorry if it is. I've been crazy hectic with all my other stories seeing as I have no motivation for this story; people just keep demanding me to update even though I told them not so I keep waiting a little longer until do. I know I can update in my own time, it's just really frustrating. Can't wait to hear what you have to say, please leave detailed comments? Thank you :)