Chapter 20.

Harry

I gazed down at Zayn after I lay him on the couch, biting my lip. I gently grabbed the hem of his top, pulling it over his head and he winced whenever he moved, laying back down on the sofa. My fingertips carefully grazed over his bruised and blooded stomach, and he whimpered in pain, his eyes squeezing shut. "Maybe I should take you to the hospital-"

"No Harry, it's fine." I scoffed at his stubbornness and he looked up at me, frowning. "Babe you might have a broken rib-"

"I said no okay? Can we just leave it at that?" he sighed, setting his arms on either side of him. I sighed impatiently, unsure of what to do. Grumbling to myself, I lifted myself off him and headed for the kitchen, searching for some disinfecting and sterilization. "This might sting a little bit." I warned him when I wiped the liquid on his stomach. He exhaled sharply, his face scrunching up in pain and his muscles and six-pack contracting at the contact. "S-sorry...sorry." I whispered, trying to sooth him as much as possible. His eyes shut again when his body seemed more relaxed, his jaw clenching slightly. I rested myself next to him, on the other side of the sofa. I started to gather up all of Zayn's belongings, tidying them up as much as possible.

"There's no point tidying." his voice said and I looked behind at him, his eyes still closed. I frowned at him, standing up. "Why not?" I asked curiously, moving closer to him. "I think...I think I'm gonna stay at friends house for the next few days." he finally admitted, meeting my gaze. My body tensed. "What friend?" I asked curiously and he sighed. "Ste."

That did it. I bawled my hands into fists, grabbing the nearest object I could find and throwing it against the wall. It smashed, lying in broken shards on the floor. The force caused Zayn to jump with fright, his face looking unfazed. "I can't believe you. You almost got killed by your own father and now you want to loose me?" I shouted and he cringed, sitting up. "It's not about that-"

"God, you're just like Bo! You run away from the slightest thing that scares you-"

"HARRY, THIS IS NOT ABOUT YOU OKAY?!" he shouted desperately and I stared at him, stunned. "For once, please for once, don't think about yourself- think about other people. I'm scared out of my wits because my own parents might be getting a divorce, because of me." he spat, lifting himself up off the couch and wincing, limping forward. He grabbed his mobile that lay on the coffee table, calling Ste and leaving him a message to say that he'd be there in a few seconds. I tried hard not to let the tears fall down my cheeks, but I failed.

I watched as Zayn lay down on the couch again, looking up at me sadly. "Z, you don't have to do this..." I whispered, trailing off. He sniffed a little, staring up at me. "No Harry, I do. I just- I need some space. I need some time away from all this." it was almost as if he was pleading. "No. No, no, no..." I cried, kneeling down next to him. I bent my head, pressing my lips to his. I whimpered when he didn't reply, as I tried to open his mouth. But when I tried to pry his mouth open, he let me in, giving in. I felt him whimper against my lips, his hands pulling my face impossibly close to his. My tongue reached out for his and they met, mingling together. My hand reached for his shoulder, pushing him down on the sofa so I could be on top of him. He moaned softly when my tongue licked over his bottom lip and he sent his tongue through my mouth, capturing our lips together.

"N-no Harry, no." he protested weakly, pushing me away from him and standing up in a quick haste, letting out a sharp cry of pain. He grabbed his t-shirt and slipped it on, also grabbing a rucksack that lay next to the sofa. He quickly glanced over at me, eyes swimming with tears before he shook his head and left without another word, leaving me speechless.

Ste

I opened the door after it knocked three times, only to find a miserable looking Zayn standing in front of me. "Hey, I got your message, I-" he interrupted me by flinging his arms around my neck, hugging me. My eyes widened, startled. "Zayn," I said, pulling apart when he started to hiccup into silence. I looked at his tear-stained face, noticing his swollen lips and swollen eye. Large red and purple marks covered the left side of his neck. To say he looked bad was an understatement. "Your lips are swollen." I said, nodding at his lips. His fingers carefully grazed over his sore mouth, as if realizing just how painful they are. "Harry," he replied half-heartily, shrugging. I smirked, shaking my head. Sighing, he brushed past me and entered my flat, even know I hadn't really invited him in. Well. That's that.