Chapter 48.

PLEASE DON'T ASK ME TO UPDATE

Harry was shaking, trembling as he made his way through the door to Gemma's house. "Harry, is that blood?!" Gemma yelled and Anne gasped, dropping the plate she held in his hand.

Harry collapsed to the floor, ignoring his family and they both rushed to his side. "Harry, what did you do? Is that Zayn's-?"

No, it's not his. Thankfully. It's his b-boyfriend's." Harry stuttered, avoiding their gazes. There was a short pause. "Boyfriend? But how long has it been? A week? You guys went out for two years!" Anne exclaimed and Gemma casted her mother a warning glare. Harry burst into a fit of tears, rocking back and forth on the spot and Gemma sat down next to him, pulling him into a hug. "He doesn't understand." Harry sobbed, resting his head against Gemma's shoulder. "He doesn't understand what I'm doing for him. He thinks I don't love him anymore." Harry cried shakingly, raspy sobs coming from his mouth.

"Well, that was kind of your fault, telling him you don't love him back and all." Anne shrugged and Gemma glared up at her. Harry sobbed into Gemma, feeling completely shaken. "Harry, what happened?" Gemma spoke softly. "He was with somebody else. Zayn, he's moved on." Harry explained miserably and Anne and Gemma exchanged worriedly glances. "I should never have let him go, Gemma. I should never have said what I said." Harry sobbed and Gemma winced at her brothers words. "You're right, you shouldn't have." Gemma finally sighed and it was Anne's turn to glare at Gemma. "But you put yourself into this mess. You're the one that made Zayn believe it. There's no point in sitting crying on the cold, hard floor about." Gemma shrugged, rubbing her brothers back and Harry looked up, hiccupping a little.

"But I can't go back. Not now, not yet. I need to protect him-"

"By protecting him, you're putting your relationship in further danger, Harry. It's like you said, Zayn's moved on, hasn't he? Sitting around and crying all the time isn't going to get him back. "B-but what about dad?" Harry croaked and Gemma smiled softly. "What about him, indeed?" a manly voice called behind them and their heads snapped up to see Robin standing in the doorway. Gemma gasped and Harry immediately stood up, standing protectively in front of Anne and Gemma. "You really shouldn't waste your tears on a boy like Zayn, Harry. A boy like him is what I like to call - a waste of space." Robin winked at Harry, folding his arms across his chest. "Don't talk about him like that." Harry snapped defensively and Robin laugh. "Stubbornness. I can see where you get it from." Robin grinned, glancing at Anne fondly.

Anne gulped, holding on tightly to Harry's shoulder. "How's that scar of yours, Harry? Is it healing?" Rob smiled and Harry looked down, lifting up his tear-stained t-shirt, revealing the small, white scar just at his torso and v-lines. "I see you've been working out, too. Impressive." Robin complimented, eyes sparkling. Harry dropped his t-shirt. "Look. I guess what I'm trying to say here is, I don't wanna cause either of you any harm. In fact...here." Robin spoke softly, moving toward Harry as he stepped into the threshold, handing over a cheque. "We don't want your money." Harry immediately argued, giving Robin a look of disgust.

"Will this not get you into a lovely University to study music? Or will it not help Zayn? No?" Robin challenged, holding the cheque out to Harry. "We're not a charity case, dad. And neither is Zayn." Harry assured him and Robin smiled a little. "Okay. I'll make you a little deal. You take this cheque. And I'll be out of your lives for good. I will bring no harm to you, or the family. Or Zayn." Robin suggested and Harry gulped. "What's the catch?" Harry frowned and Robin chuckled. "There's no catch, Harry. Just you take the cheque. I realised that my mistake I made with you those many years ago...it impacted on you and your family greatly. That's why I left. I couldn't bear to be the cause of it. And for that, I'm truly sorry. Please. I'll be gone forever as soon as you take this cheque." Rob sighed pleadingly, holding the cheque out further. "Do whatever you want with it. Buy Zayn a nice, modern flat. Buy Gemma some gold earrings. Anything." Robin smiled and Harry ever so slowly took the money in his fingers.